This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Not a single person said it was the only way. But it is the only way to claim a max.
    Nobody but poopnut and lincolnboy (who doesn't count because he's a retard) are arguing that, as far as I can tell.

Comment

SS said several times that if you can't do it chest to bar, then you should put the weight down. Then the spectacular ad hominems from you, Ruff...

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
        SS said several times that if you can't do it chest to bar, then you should put the weight down. Then the spectacular ad hominems from you, Ruff...
        I questioned Poopnut's methods, and offered a different perspective. I didn't attack him personally.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          I questioned Poopnut's methods, and offered a different perspective. I didn't attack him personally.
          That was a response to Ruffdaddy, not you

Comment

SS said several times that if you can't do it chest to bar, then you should put the weight down.
            No, what I am saying is if you are going to do a max rep of something and brag about it you should either lie and claim it was a full rep or actually do a full rep instead of being called out on it and then talk shit about how correct and "non existent" it is. I understand using partial lifts to help out weak spots within your range of motion as long as it's done in conjunction to actual full reps. That's not what I have been seeing at the gym lately. Every press type exercise it seems like there's more motion doing a shrug than anything else. poopnut is the exact reason why I no longer listen to gym employees or try to help anyone out who I see strug-guling.
            This reminds me of a time when I used to work concrete and my boss said he could "press" 5 90lb Symons panels over his head. So he stacked five of them on a 6' wall, got under them, locked his elbows and squat lifted them into position and held them there with arms locked for about 10 seconds. Neat.

Comment

Last chance to keep this clean before I just delete the entire thread...

Comment

IMO.. if you are going to bench.. do it right.. i have shoulder problems not related to bench.. and adjusted my bench grip so that touching my chest wasnt an issue.

If you are making progress good for you.. but IMO when i bench if i cant touch, then i am going to heavy. If you are trying to set a personal best.. then Touch.. if you are doing it just to "work out".. then who cares what the weight is.. drop the weight and touch anyway...

That being said.. to each their own.. I guess being a big fattie makes a lot of the bench press threads about how ppl cant "touch" humerous to me, but that being said i never considred myself a huge bencher... just adequet for my weight.
                2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Nobody but poopnut and lincolnboy (who doesn't count because he's a retard) are arguing that, as far as I can tell.
                  That was a response to Ruffdaddy, not you

Comment

May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                    Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      Well I don't know what else to tell you aside from the ad hominem part specifically says "Ruff"...

Comment

Working...
                      X