DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Television, Movies, and Music Forum

Television, Movies, and Music Forum Want to talk about a show or movie you watched last night or a song or band you heard on the radio? Post it here!

Old 09-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #1
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE
VIP Member

Default Formula 1: Drive to Survive

If any of you are F1 fans you have to go watch this. It's a 10 episode series that follows the 2018 season. Everything from Daniel Ricciardo deciding to leave Red Bull for Renault as Red Bull also left Renault for Honda as an engine supplier to the drama within Force India, shit about Williams' horrible performance in the past years (and Stroll leaving Williams to buy Force India), Alonso's retirement, and the battle between Haas and Renault. It's very well presented, with lots of behind the scenes stuff, and waaaaaaay too easy to binge watch.

Oh, and yet again seeing Kevin Magnussen (Haas) tell Nico Hulkenberg (Renault) to suck his balls was epic

It was also very obvious along the way that Mercedes and Ferrari were only passively shown, but it doesn't take away from the overall feel at all.

FWIW, they are filming a 2019 series and supposedly Mercedes and Ferrari are involved.

Alternate headline:
Go watch "Williams" on Netflix first, then watch this. Then understand how mid-field F1 teams perform... then feel like shit for how Frank Williams' team has fallen over the decades

Last edited by Strychnine; 09-30-2019 at 12:54 AM.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Agreed...this show was amazing. Despite how predictable and uneventful the past few seasons have been...the team that put this together made it extremely entertaining. It certainly helped F1 viewership this year (at least early before people realized it's really F1 and F1.5 running the same race)...and I would imagine the personal connection to drivers will continue to grow interest.

I cannot wait to see the next season with the Drama haas has dealt with. Both rich energy and driver battles.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:44 PM   #3
Jose
Lifer

Adding it to my queue.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:00 PM   #4
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

I just got an email that COTA USGP tickets are almost sold out...

They need to send a huge thank you to Netflix for this. I have a few friends specifically going after seeing drive to survive.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote