This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this right?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by 32valves_of_pleasure View Post
      WTF? Reading through the comments and appearantly she is only 11!
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
        WTF? Reading through the comments and appearantly she is only 11!
        i didn't even see that, just the bizarre huge arch she gets to bench. i was trying to show that, that bench would almost be competition legal but looks way fucked up. the foot placement makes it not legal in most PL meets.

IMO to each their own way unless you wanna compete

Comment

Competetions legal or not it looks retarded.
          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
            I do the same with rack bench presses, and I start significantly further than 1" away from my chest.
            So you bench on a smith machine and the bar does not come close to touching your chest? What kind of strength training is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
              keep in mind that your pops did it back in the day that they didnt use all the supplements.......so you are still a pussy......you need to hit atleast 350 before you can talk shit. lol
              My old man did 545 at a body weight of 220 back in the day. I don't think I am getting there!
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                Wait, do long armed people get to cut curls short, or tall people get to squat shallower because they moved the weight a comparable distance? I must have missed that part. Let me go re-watch the olympics.
                I must have forgot to say that I'm not competeing professionally...oh wait. A guy at work wants me to spot him maxing out this week. I'll try and go down to my chest. As far as the olympics go, I don't think bicep curls and bench press are in their list of lifts that they perform.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

If you did not touch your cheat you did not bench press 300.

Can we get a title change to "I thought I bench pressed 300" to discourage these false bargs? Nothing but video white lightning style is valid in barg form anyways.

I'm willing to bet that 1" with 300lbs is a lot bigger than that 1" at 225...lol. We're not fools here, we've been doing it long enough to know excuses and cheats.

I'm not saying you won't eventually be able to, but if you're going to barg I suggest actually lifting the weight.

Comment

As far as bringing the bar all the way down and being a "legal" lift, what most people with shoulder problems fail to realize is that their form has more to do with their shoulder injury than the amount of weight they are doing or the depth of their movement. Bench press is all about elbow placement and the width of your grip. A narrow grip tends to help guard the shoulders.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      If you did not touch your cheat you did not bench press 300.

Can we get a title change to "I thought I bench pressed 300" to discourage these false bargs? Nothing but video white lightning style is valid in barg form anyways.

I'm willing to bet that 1" with 300lbs is a lot bigger than that 1" at 225...lol. We're not fools here, we've been doing it long enough to know excuses and cheats.

I'm not saying you won't eventually be able to, but if you're going to barg I suggest actually lifting the weight.
                      I don't think I'll be posting video as I don't think 300lbs is video worthy. He was posting like 450'ish if I remember. All 12" of vertical movement.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        So you bench on a smith machine and the bar does not come close to touching your chest? What kind of strength training is that?
                        Either that or off pins in a power rack......partial movements are applicable to strength training believe it or not. For myself, floor presses make my bench go up even though it's not a full range movement. Doing a high board press or a rack lockout for a raw bench press is a waste of time IMO though

Out of curiosity, what's your best bench?

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                          I don't think I'll be posting video as I don't think 300lbs is video worthy. He was posting like 450'ish if I remember. All 12" of vertical movement.
                          He was over 400 if not 500. And yes less vertical movement but that doesn't mean shit. That's like me saying I'm through with a 100m race at 95m because I'm only 5'10. The lift is a lift regardless of your physical build. You're a capable person...stop making excuses.

Comment

He was over 400 if not 500. And yes less vertical movement but that doesn't mean shit. That's like me saying I'm through with a 100m race at 95m because I'm only 5'10. The lift is a lift regardless of your physical build. You're a capable person...stop making excuses.
                            I'm gonna try the closer grip and tucking my elbows a bit more. Maybe that will make you anal lubes happy.

Comment

Actually doing the lift you bragged about is what will make everyone shut up...

Comment

Actually doing the lift you bragged about is what will make everyone shut up...
                                All three of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X