Any road bike/tri bike riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any road bike/tri bike riders

Looking for some different routes and some someone else to ride with. Anyone ride in the Dallas area? Normally ride in Rowlett up to Wylie but willing to go other places. I need to start doing the 50+ mile rides

I ride in the Lewisville, Coppell, Flower mound, keller, Southlake area. There is lots of good riding in this area, lots or rural 2 lane black top so you can get out of the city and get away from traffic and lights.

Comment

The Plano bike association has longer rides. You might join up with them. Also there are group rides that leave from rbm.

Comment

Like mentioned above there are going to be rides out of almost every bike shop, but as the season winding down in the next month a ton of those rides are going to be winding down as well. Some shops will still have saturday & sunday rides going on. Check out some bike shops and I bet you will find some good rides even in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
          but as the season winding down in the next month a ton of those rides are going to be winding down as well.
          On that note:

Kyle, you want to buy a trainer? I have a Blackburn that has hardly ever been used.

Comment

AFAIK the rides actually are starting to ramp back up. The heat of the summer scares most people away. Only when the weather gets too cold/wet/icy do things wind down.

Comment

was a group of them on hebron yesterday morning. i saw them on the way to the grocery store

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I say suck it up and ride in the heat

Comment

There are a couple groups that do the longer rides but most of them talk the whole time and stay in groups. The groups that don't talk maintain a 24-25mph speed which is too fast for me over right 30+ miles. I sucked it up on a sprint tri yesterday and only averaged 21mph. I had way too much left over for the run which is good and bad.

I normally ride a tri bike and most groups frown on getting into aero position. I have a road bike too but the tri bike is much more comfortable on longer rides.

Matt, is the trainer adjustable? If so I may be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                    Matt, is the trainer adjustable? If so I may be interested.
                    I'll send you a pic and part number after lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
                      The Plano bike association has longer rides. You might join up with them. Also there are group rides that leave from rbm.
                      Yep, I ride with them, usually in the DB2 group. DB1 or OAS lite/OAS might be something that would be up his alley.

The purposes of the Plano Bicycle Association are to foster a safe and enjoyable bicycle riding experience for its members, to promote and support the sport of bicycling, and to be an asset to the com
                      Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                        Yep, I ride with them, usually in the DB2 group. DB1 or OAS lite/OAS might be something that would be up his alley.

http://www.planobicycle.org/

Your slow

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post

http://www.planobicycle.org/
                          That may not be a bad idea, I'll have to look more into it after work.

Comment

I've been thinking about getting into road bikes. My dad used to ride a lot of the races around Dallas when I was a kid. I will never forget seeing his bike in the living room and his rider numbers hanging on the wall. He is in his early 60's and in excellent shape. I have always felt his cycling years play a big part in that. I am still recoveribg from back surgery so it will be a while. Any advice?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                            X