picked up a volume thrasher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picked up a volume thrasher

before anyone comments yes i already tightened up the chain, also put some velcro straps. this thing is a blast to ride around east dallas, i can jump on/off curbs with no problem thanks to the 35c tires. i need to adjust the seat a little bit because after 10 miles or so it's gets pretty uncomfortable, even with bike shorts underneath my normal shorts. the seat is also brand new so i know that is a small factor. if any of you guys wanna ride around white rock or mob the streets of east dallas let me know. i'm always out riding

Fuck yeah!

Comment

What a badass frame. Is that a fumanchu fork?

Comment

AAAHH!! I just can't get into the single speed bikes man! Might be mainly because the only ones that ride them here in EP are the faggot hipsters with the tight pants and the flipped up hat! No offense to you Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
          What a badass frame. Is that a fumanchu fork?
          yup. bar spinning a 700 takes a lot of practice lol
          Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
          AAAHH!! I just can't get into the single speed bikes man! Might be mainly because the only ones that ride them here in EP are the faggot hipsters with the tight pants and the flipped up hat! No offense to you Mike!
          haha, yea i hate those queers too. luckily the hipsters in dallas are ditching the fixed gear bikes and people who love them for the super simplicity are getting badass deals on them. they do take a little while to get used to but i still prefer them over bikes with gears/normal brakes

i used to ride a marin road bike that was fun but when i switched to my single speed SE it was nice to not even have to think about switching gears.. at all. now with this one i concentrate more on how safely i'm riding plus you get a better workout due to never moving your legs plus using them to slow you down

plus there are only 6 moving parts to worry about(not counting the chain), can't get more simple than that

Comment

Comment

lmfao if i could find a SLEDGEHAMMER sticker i would put it on my bike without hesitation!

that or i would wear this if i found it at a thrift store

Comment

Practice your barspins without toe straps AMHIK nothing worse than falling over while stuck to a bike.

I know it might sound stupid, but riding 7.5" rise bmx bar with a light sweep on that bike made it way more fun for me. I guess it was a leverage advantage.

Damn you and your black thrasher. Making me look at track frames again.
                Have you rode any other chromo track frames other than the volume?

Comment

yea i only strap in when i'm riding down the road, i'm not big into tricks. just playing around right now

i have ridden them but never more than a mile if that. so far i went from a marin hybrid to that white/black se racing lager(steel frame) and now to this one. the se lager was a good bike but after racking up a few hundred miles(just a guess, most likely more) all my friends said i need to invest in a real bike since i ride so much. man they were right cause after riding this thing for a couple miles i know where the money went. i plan on riding the snot out of this until i can score a nice cinelli/bianchi frame for cheap and then build it into a more speed riding bike and maybe enter some races or just use it when i wanna get somewhere fast. gonna keep this thrasher though since it's so fun and damn near indestructible. i'll let my buddies who are thinking of getting a bike ride it so when(not if lol) they eat shit it wont hurt it

Comment

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                    Yup, it sucks to have fewer parts on a bike so that for any pricepoint, you get a much higher quality build. It's also unfortunate that the bikes are so darned reliable, easy to work on, no derailleurs to get knocked out of whack, or need to be adjusted, no cable stretch, no bent hangers, no ghost shifting, broken cassette teeth, fewer blown apart chains...

Single speeds are great. (fixed is pretty fun too!)

Comment

Did you get that from Big Black? Needs more DC shoe stickers.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

no. uhh ok?

Comment

looks dope mike.. you riding it fixed or single?
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

fixed. it's easier than i thought it would be

so far i have only stopped pedaling and was almost thrown off once haha

Comment

If this is your first fixed and you don't have a cog lock-ring tool I would look into one. Your bike doesnt have a chain line, its more of a life line . It only takes one good brake stand with a loose lock-ring to turn your bike into a runaway train. Again, AMHIK.

Comment

Working...
                              X