2014 Mustang GT Build - Beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Mustang GT Build - Beginner

Hi people, I am new here and I am looking for some advice on my build. I just bought a brand new based out 2014 Mustang GT with the 6 speed. I've owned my fair share of sports cars and tuned them up, this is however my first American Muscle.

Thoughts, I want to start with the basics, intake, exhaust, tune, sway bars, and a front strut. I am looking for a nice sounding exhaust that is not ridiculously loud. What are y'alls thoughts on Americanmuscle.com? I am looking at the Magnaflow Street catback, Bama tune, airaid CAI, and SR performance front strut tower brace.

Any idea on what kind of numbers I can expect with this basic setup at the wheels?

Of course, sooner than later I will be upgrading the wheels to some fat boys. At this time I am allocating about $2k per round of upgrades, probably once per quarter.

Let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions. Thank you!

http://imgur.com/a/DDyvl#ucJaRc2

Here's with the new wheels.

http://imgur.com/NDuX2at
    Last edited by jacobplano; 09-26-2014, 12:09 PM.
    2014 Mustang GT 6 Speed - Bone Stock Base

I'd get the car tuned. Latemodelrestoration.com is also a good site to buy from. I did the Steeda intake / boss manifold / Magnaflow comp cat backs and put down 424whp.

The exhaust sounds nice without being too loud. I was going to do a full exhaust but it's about as loud as I'm comfortable with now.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I'd get the car tuned. Latemodelrestoration.com is also a good site to buy from. I did the Steeda intake / boss manifold / Magnaflow comp cat backs and put down 424whp.

The exhaust sounds nice without being too loud. I was going to do a full exhaust but it's about as loud as I'm comfortable with now.
      Thanks for the response, also after further research I'm not going to do a CAI, I've realized the stock is more than good enough on the 14's.

Have you heard anything on Bama tune? That's not a bad amount of power! I'm looking forward to getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobplano View Post
        Thanks for the response, also after further research I'm not going to do a CAI, I've realized the stock is more than good enough on the 14's.

Have you heard anything on Bama tune? That's not a bad amount of power! I'm looking forward to getting there.
        I've heard good and bad about the bama tune. I would rather just pay a few hundred more and know it's tuned right. I'd hate to end up with a 30k paper weight.

I've got an AEM intake I'll sell you cheap. It isnt much of an HP gain, but it looks freaking great with the hood open.

Comment

I've heard good and bad about the bama tune. I would rather just pay a few hundred more and know it's tuned right. I'd hate to end up with a 30k paper weight.

I've got an AEM intake I'll sell you cheap. It isnt much of an HP gain, but it looks freaking great with the hood open.
          That does make sense, I will probably and wait to tune then. Once I have my exhaust, and intake manifold, (maybe a CAI) then I will tune it.

How cheap are we talking? Why are you getting rid of it?

Comment

That does make sense, I will probably and wait to tune then. Once I have my exhaust, and intake manifold, (maybe a CAI) then I will tune it.

How cheap are we talking? Why are you getting rid of it?
            Had to get a bigger CAI when I bought the boss manifold. I'll sell it for $150. I paid $300ish for it and had it installed for maybe 2k-3k miles.

Comment

Had to get a bigger CAI when I bought the boss manifold. I'll sell it for $150. I paid $300ish for it and had it installed for maybe 2k-3k miles.
              That's not a bad, I may take you up on that. PM me your phone number and we can chat.

I just got off the phone with a man selling his 2010 Mustang GT500 19" Rims and I think I am going to get them. Do you think I will have any fitment issues?

Comment

That's not a bad, I may take you up on that. PM me your phone number and we can chat.

I just got off the phone with a man selling his 2010 Mustang GT500 19" Rims and I think I am going to get them. Do you think I will have any fitment issues?

They'll work fine. What wheels do already have?

edit, nm, didn't see the pic link in the OP.

Comment

Don't do 19" wheels man, buying tires for them sucks ass. 18's or 20's opens up a lot of options.

That's the one complaint I have with our Acura.. I probably won't get another car with 19's.

Comment

I thought the gt500 had 20's in the rears and 19's in the front? I may have just made that up, though.

Comment

I thought the gt500 had 20's in the rears and 19's in the front? I may have just made that up, though.
                      I could be wrong too, but I think Corvettes are the only things that came from the factory with staggered wheel sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        I could be wrong too, but I think Corvettes are the only things that came from the factory with staggered wheel sizes.
                        you mean 'Merican cars, right?
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          you mean 'Merican cars, right?
                          Yes.. What others though? NSX?

Comment

Yes.. What others though? NSX?
                            about half the Mercedes have a staggered wheel set, or at least a different offset.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

You're wrong.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X