And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Lower prices wouldn't hit that industry so hard if they didn't spend like teenage girls with Daddy's AmEx Black.
    nobody wants to do that shit work if they're not getting paid accordingly...

and shit's just expensive. you can't go to WalMart and get parts two hours ago. You PAY... a LOT
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      nobody wants to do that shit work if they're not getting paid accordingly...

I didn't even say labor specifically, spending as a whole is insane.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

OPEC is just saber rattling over the US` increased drilling, and the threat of the Keystone project getting favored.

They (OPEC) think that they can lower oil prices long enough to hurt our drilling industry into a permanent stall - NOT happening.

I say let them "suffer the loss in profits". We've been hemorrhaging our wealth to the middle east far too long!

David

Comment

Time is money, and money buys first opportunities which increase profits.
          At least for this industry.

David

Comment

money gets shit done is all I'm saying...

And a lot of the "I hate oil" folks will probably notice that if the oil field slows down, their work might follow suit. It brings an insane amount of money to TX. From the guys actually in the field to the waitress at the small town restaurant or the used car dealership or the automotive repair facility, etc. etc.

I'm all for less expensive fuel, but I feel like a strong oil field = a strong TX economy, and I get a little anxious with the thought of a shrinking oil field right now

Comment

And a lot of the "I hate oil" folks will probably notice that if the oil field slows down, their work might follow suit. It brings an insane amount of money to TX. From the guys actually in the field to the waitress at the small town restaurant or the used car dealership or the automotive repair facility, etc. etc.

I'm all for less expensive fuel, but I feel like a strong oil field = a strong TX economy, and I get a little anxious with the thought of a shrinking oil field right now
              How does it help the used car dealers again? Can't sell V8 cars/SUV's and the gas sippers go crazy high at auction. People don't have the money to pay their car payments and it costs me more in fuel to go get the damned things.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                How does it help the used car dealers again? Can't sell V8 cars/SUV's and the gas sippers go crazy high at auction. People don't have the money to pay their car payments and it costs me more in fuel to go get the damned things.
                I only deal with diesel trucks, so maybe we're dealing with different markets, but there's no slow down in this market at least

Comment

My "big oil" client just resigned a 3yr contract. Bring on the cheap gas!
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

So the economy was crappy when fuel prices where around a buck a gallon? Tell all of the trucking companies high fuel prices is good for their company. Tell the airlines high prices drive more business!

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                      So the economy was crappy when fuel prices where around a buck a gallon? Tell all of the trucking companies high fuel prices is good for their company. Tell the airlines high prices drive more business!
                      Ice cream sales go up in summer. The number of rapes goes up too. Therefore, ice cream causes rape.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        Ice cream sales go up in summer. The number of rapes goes up too. Therefore, ice cream causes rape.
                        Fucking ice cream
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Hopefully I will be able to start my new job in the G&O industry and get at least one paycheck before it completely goes bust!

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                            Correlation does not equal causation.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                              This is a bad thing. Someone will come along and explain shortly.
                              Meh. The people that are the money shakers want us to think it's bad by scaring us with all of the potential laid off workers. I think that, overall, it will benefit the average Joe to have money to buy other things they have been going without.
                              Last edited by line-em-up; 12-10-2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

The average Joe buys wal mart shit produced in china. Oil and gas supports American manufacturing, logistics, engineering, and an ass load of other stuff.

A rapid collapse of shale would be very bad. Then when the Wells run dry in a year, you'll be praying for gas under $3.

Comment

Working...
                                X