running hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running hills

Is there a technique for running through hills and elevation changes? After moving to the Austin area...I don't live near any flat areas to run, and I can't keep pace well through the elevation changes...I'm swinging by almost 3min/mile.

Is that normal?

Is running in hills a different form than flat areas?

Hills are no different - you just run them clean, tough guy.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

uuhhhhhhh.... yeah dude, its harder to run uphill so you will slower.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Haha...maybe I'm just being a little girl about it.

When you say run clean...you mean like try to maintain pace?

Comment

My technique is to avoid running altogether. heh

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

Run them clean like we're keeping this sub-forum, got it tough guy?
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              uuhhhhhhh.... yeah dude, its harder to run uphill so you will slower.

god bless.
              I always figured you for a personal trainer.

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              My technique is to avoid running altogether. heh
              Haha...I finally hit the age of easy weight gain...the unwanted kind. I wish that was an option...but this is my most effective means of keeping the spare tyre at bay.

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Run them clean like we're keeping this sub-forum, got it tough guy?
              Hahaha...that went way over my head the first time.

Comment

I always figured you for a personal trainer..
                Nah, just a fat old white man that understands running on inclines in going to be more difficult than flat ground.........now where the hell are my Funyuns...

God bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Let's keep the nonsense to a minimum gents, 'Pumpin' Iron' is serious business.

Comment

Shorter strides maybe? I dunno. I try to do hill sprints once a week and I just try and avoid heel striking at all cost and can tell my strides are shorter on sharper inclines. What part of Austin are you in? I guessing northwest since you're saying there are no flat areas.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I think he means take a shower BEFORE you start running.

Comment

Hills are where I typically will pick up my placing, I stay pretty consistant through them. Ive learned it is ideal to use your hips and higher strides. If you are a heel striker on flat ground it is going to force you to a mid/fore foot strike which will work your calves more so if you are not working some hill training into your routine they are going to hurt when you run them....
                        Running in hills may hurt your average pace but once you hit flat ground you will be breaking your previous PR.

Comment

Working...
                        X