Best Seafood in Dallas area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Seafood in Dallas area?

Where's the best place to get good seafood in Dallas? Other than JCS and RedLobster?
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

There is Chamberlain's Fish Market, and Truluck's. A lot of steakhouses have great seafood as well, it just depends on what you want.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

S&D Oyster Company is good.

This Dallas institution located in a historical building will remind you of every little cozy seafood joint you've found along the Gulf Coast. We are an independent restaurant that has ...

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
        Where's the best place to get good seafood in Dallas? Other than JCS and RedLobster?
        What kind of seafood are you looking for?
        Originally posted by 03trubluGT
        Your opinion is what sucks.
        You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
          What kind of seafood are you looking for?
          I generally stick to shrimp, lobster, crab, scallops, and pretty much any whitefish....not looking for anything upscale or fancy....

a 'more bang for your buck' place would be great, too
          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Mr. Sushi in Addison.

[Redneck]Eww, Dat be sum raw fish!1!1![/Redneck]
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Captain D's. Jim miller and 30
              Vortex rear stand $75
              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
              11 4 door
              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Mr. Sushi in Addison.

[Redneck]Eww, Dat be sum raw fish!1!1![/Redneck]
                I just can't get over it. It's a texture thing for me. I can do rolls, but no sashimi. Maybe one of these days I'll have too much sake, and bite the bullet. Just hasn't happened yet.

I'm open to most any type of food. Fuck, I was eating Rocky Mountain Oysters, cow tongue, etc all as a kid. I just can't get over the cold/texture of sashimi.

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                  I generally stick to shrimp, lobster, crab, scallops, and pretty much any whitefish....not looking for anything upscale or fancy....

a 'more bang for your buck' place would be great, too
                  Caravelle Chinese & Vietnamese Restaurant
                  400 N Greenville Ave # 16, Richardson, TX 75081-2700
                  This place is good..its chinese though... i would just suggest you dont try to eat here on Saturday Nights when they hold weddings dinners.

Besides the lobster i've listed below, everything there is under 12 bucks.

Appetizer : Shrimp Balls or crab & asparagus soup

main: cheese crusted crabs or lobster & ginger clams

of course they have plenty of other seafood meals and i cant find an online menu.. but its been my favorite chinese restaurant since i was a kid.

Shark Finn soup is 30+ but its not bad if you have a party of 4 or 5.

I've been to Red Lobster and i hate that place.. and i am usually a sucker into eating anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I just can't get over it. It's a texture thing for me. I can do rolls, but no sashimi. Maybe one of these days I'll have too much sake, and bite the bullet. Just hasn't happened yet.

I'm open to most any type of food. Fuck, I was eating Rocky Mountain Oysters, cow tongue, etc all as a kid. I just can't get over the cold/texture of sashimi.
                    Hmm, I find it very odd that a man who appreciates gourmet dining as much as yourself doesn't enjoy the occasional sushi binge. Hell, I would rather dine at a fine sushi restaurant than a high dollar steak restaurant any day.... but this may be the result of me living in a town with no good sushi places.

I mostly do sashimi and sushi, but I usually get a roll as well. But hey, like most things, some people like it and some people don't!
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Has anyone tried Shell Shack in The Colony? Looks like a Long John Silvers type place.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        Hmm, I find it very odd that a man who appreciates gourmet dining as much as yourself doesn't enjoy the occasional sushi binge. Hell, I would rather dine at a fine sushi restaurant than a high dollar steak restaurant any day.... but this may be the result of me living in a town with no good sushi places.

I mostly do sashimi and sushi, but I usually get a roll as well. But hey, like most things, some people like it and some people don't!
                        You know what's funny, I can eat cold smoked salmon like no other. And it's cold, and the texture is pretty similar. Perhaps it's just a mental thing. Maybe I need to get loaded, and just do it.

Comment

Trulucks and Chamberlains will probably top most of the lists.

I love scallops and have had some top notch plates at Sambuca (on McKinney), Ocean Prime and Jaspers (two days ago).

And I have never had a bad dinner at Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            You know what's funny, I can eat cold smoked salmon like no other. And it's cold, and the texture is pretty similar. Perhaps it's just a mental thing. Maybe I need to get loaded, and just do it.
                            Stop being a pussy. It is not bad.

I have eaten it a few times. I don't see the big deal. It is not something I would go out of my way for.

Comment

Sushi sucks... probably cause i dont like overpriced food that wont fill me up.

Comment

Working...
                              X