No announcement yet.

4bangen's 72 Rivi FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool! The answer is to ditch the van.

Comment

You can fit a lot of RC stuff in the trunk of that land yacht.

Comment

Im so glad to see you driving it. Its hard to stay motivated on a car that doesn't move. Keep going!

Comment

The color, wheels, and stance on that green wagon make it tits and the van is bitchen.

It's awesome to see you getting to enjoy something you've longed to for so long. The boat tail Rivi's are cool, a friend's dad had a black one they dubbed the Bat Mobile because it was well, black, big, and long. Being around a G Body Regal a good deal of my life, I learned a love for Buick at a young age. Any plans to hit the paint with some compound and see if it will shine back up?

Between being a mechanic, summer duties mowing and maintaining properties my grandmother owns, and still cleaning up messes my dad left behind, it doesn't leave me with much desire to work on my own stuff and it sucks. I've got an S10 project I bought to replace my Regal when I sold it as a roller and my Mustang has been sitting since Dec 2015 basically untouched after I put the drivetrain back in from the last engine rebuild. It's waiting or me to install the Big Stuff 3 I bought back then and whatever other gremlins sitting will have caused.

As far as yours goes, 5 vehicles is a lot to take care of but by the sounds of it, the van is the only thing that seems easy to get rid of. However, having something 3/4 ton is never a bad thing. The ability to haul stuff, pull a trailer, etc is always nice. I have 3 trucks I keep tagged and insured. My dad's 2001 half ton I use to pull the flatbed and work the properties mowing and such, my 2004 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 stays hooked to my gooseneck dump trailer that I bought after dad died for cleanup duty and to assist in property repair, and I daily my 2000 Dodge 2500 diesel. Dad's truck is the only one I consider getting rid of from time to time, but like your van, I have little in it. Aside from some maintenance I did and a set of tires it greatly needed when dad passed, it cost me nothing but liability insurance and tags to keep around. It runs and drives great, the a/c is cold, and it's a reliable beater. Its got hail damage, been beat and banged around, and dad hit a stump once that bent the frame (had a local guy repair that) all that makes my use value outweigh it's monetary value.

My 3 trucks have a combined mileage of @670k, the 2001 Chevy has @ 170k, the 04 4x4 270K, and the Cummins @ 230K, I'd trust to take any of the 3 of them across country today if needed after checking basic fluids and tire pressures, etc.

I, as a single person, have 5 vehicles, I hope to see them all running at the same time again and can definitely see your view on wanting to clear a space but it sounds like 5 is the number you need sir,

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Very cool! The answer is to ditch the van.
            But of all my cars that are paid off, the van is the only one that would easily and most practically be a daily driver. and it has the smallest investment in it.

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
            You can fit a lot of RC stuff in the trunk of that land yacht.
            you'd be amazed at how much stuff goes with me when we go on R/C trips. we fill that dang van to the brim.

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
            Im so glad to see you driving it. Its hard to stay motivated on a car that doesn't move. Keep going!
            me too. There was another local meet last night, but the wife wasn't feeling good so I opted to stay home with her.
            Might go ahead and buy a bumper from CTC even though its going to cost me. I want a bumper on it before good guys.

Comment

Awesome to see you got it on the road!

Comment

Friend is hopefully swinging by CTC today and picking up my "new" bumper. I decided to bite the bullet and get the one they have because even though I found them cheaper, by the time shipping and the risk of getting scammed by online sellers was considered it wasn't worth it to go anywhere else. This also means I'll have a bumper on the car for good guys! Man I can't wait to finally take it out there and park it next to my dads 65 Mustang. Goodguys is like a 3 day vacation for me and the wife. Here's hoping the weather holds.

Comment

Got the new bumper on yesterday it's far from nice but its a bumper and that alone makes it okay for now.

Comment

my plate came in yesterday, and my my new tires should be here tomorrow.

Comment

finally got new tires on and got it tuned. Turns out the mechanical advance was seized up and I had zero mechanical advance. We got everything free'd up and the car strait rips! I really need a limited slip rear end now. these one tire fires are killing me.
                      I still have a ton of work to do, but it's great that it's road worthy. Thursday is bath day. Then the show stats Friday.

Comment

I really need to clean up under the hood. It's wild how small the 455 looks in there. lol

I'm thinking that once I get the bugs worked out and get everything working again, I'm going to go with heads, cam, intake, headers, and exhaust. limited slip, and a wider tire. These blocks are good to about 600hp, As long as I don't get crazy with the RPM's.
                        I figure with north of 500hp and a metric ton of torque this thing will be a hell of a lot of fun.

Comment

If it’s running with oil pressure and not getting hot, do not take it apart...

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                            If it’s running with oil pressure and not getting hot, do not take it apart...
                            I'm not talking about right now, I'm talking about down the road. I still have the damaged original motor. I figure I can see if that one is worth rebuilding and if so, build that one up as a hot motor. I really do love this car now.

Comment

I cant tell you how happy you got it road worthy and it not rotting away anymore...such a badass car

Comment

Man is roll the fuck out of that gangsta shit!
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X