DirecTV pending downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTV pending downloads

Okay so why is it when I go to DirecTV on demand It keeps telling me pending download when I try and record something?

I have Showtime and Starz..... I tried downloading the complete Weeds season 6 but they all tell me pending download, still. It's been 3 days so far and I still haven't got any of them?

Sorry I'm new to DirecTV just got it this Saturday, I got the Choice Ultimate package with NFL Sunday Ticket.

Call customer service, not sure why that is happening? I've never had an issue.

Comment

It's like they are pending until the show actually airs on television or something then it will record.

I thought on demand meant I can get it right then and there.

Comment

It'll only download two programs at a time. Depending on your internet speed and their demand you might be able to watch it "streaming" but generally it has to download the show before you can watch it.
        Last edited by BP; 11-16-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          It'll only download two programs at a time. Depending on your internet speed and their demand you might be able to watch it "streaming" but generally it has to download the show before you can watch it.
          Ah... So DirecTV is not like Verizon or Time Warner I need to internet to get On Demand?

That could be why they say pending download.

Comment

Originally posted by IDAjeff View Post
            Ah... So DirecTV is not like Verizon or Time Warner I need to internet to get On Demand?

That could be why they say pending download.
            Nope, they don't provide internet and the system isn't capable of requesting a download from the satellite. Plug it into an existing network though and if your connection is fast enough you won't know the difference. Verizon and TW do the same thing but it's integrated with their service so the process appears to be seamless. Even if your network is relatively slow it'll still download the shows so you can watch them later.

Comment

Working...
            X