No announcement yet.

Kennedale closing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess they are trying to run brackets?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The Speedway has a full program for all of 2017....through Sept.

Doubt they would shutter in mid season.
      Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        I guess they are trying to run brackets?
        guessing that's the case. Texas Promods going to Texas Motorplex for 2017.

Sigh longer drive.
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
          guessing that's the case. Texas Promods going to Texas Motorplex for 2017.

Sigh longer drive.
          yeah, Ennis is now my closest track. It was nice to be 10 mins away, even though I havent raced there in years, watching was fun.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I went to the last promod event at Kennedale, and too me the track looked more run down than previous years. Maybe because it was towards the end of the season, who knows.

Also a certain demographic that was in heavy attendance thought that Friday night at the drags was the proper time to show off who could bring the loudest sound system to the stands. These weren't boom boxes, these were DJ equipment grade, one dude had his running off a portable generator. Towards the end of the night the one in the stands near me, brought out the microphone and started giving commentary about his crew, and other people in the stands. The track officials took way too long to tell them to shut it down.

Comment

I love it how cities zone out tracks, and then wonder why they suddenly have a street racing problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                I love it how cities zone out tracks, and then wonder why they suddenly have a street racing problem.
                You are expecting shortsighted politicians to actually think about consequences. Won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  I went to the last promod event at Kennedale, and too me the track looked more run down than previous years. Maybe because it was towards the end of the season, who knows.

Also a certain demographic that was in heavy attendance thought that Friday night at the drags was the proper time to show off who could bring the loudest sound system to the stands. These weren't boom boxes, these were DJ equipment grade, one dude had his running off a portable generator. Towards the end of the night the one in the stands near me, brought out the microphone and started giving commentary about his crew, and other people in the stands. The track officials took way too long to tell them to shut it down.
                  I thought sunday was dark night at the track?

Comment

We called it Kennebelly for a reason. I've only felt unsafe there a few times but I guess it helped that I knew many of the racers. That and I'm sure a lot of the gamblers made plenty of money on my car.

Comment

Yeah it turned into Kennybelly after YB allow the state troopers into the track to start checking for stolen cars ect....I remember that day, there was tow trucks lined up taking people's shit. I didnt have many people to race that night.
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                        Yeah it turned into Kennybelly after YB allow the state troopers into the track to start checking for stolen cars ect....I remember that day, there was tow trucks lined up taking people's shit. I didnt have many people to race that night.
                        We have become a society of cunts. Why would the track want to fuck with people paying to get in, and secondarily involve themselves with criminal investigations?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          We have become a society of cunts. Why would the track want to fuck with people paying to get in, and secondarily involve themselves with criminal investigations?
                          Yep! after that they lost business for about 6 months...but I heard its on and popin again.
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I'll bet if you'd ever had a car stolen you'd be more understanding and agreeable.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                              I'll bet if you'd ever had a car stolen you'd be more understanding and agreeable.
                              If my car were stolen I would want the police to do everything in their power to catch the thief. But as a business owner, I would not likely allow police on my private property to go fishing for such.

Comment

Working...
                              X