2008 CanAm DS450X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 CanAm DS450X

I was recently offered one if these in a trade deal. Anyone have e experience or opinions on them?

There was a chain roller guide that usually went out and was replaceable. Other than that they were great bikes, had Rotax motors and seemed to be very dependable.

Comment

Someone's ex race quad?

Comment

Yes. Apparently it's been messed with plenty. New piston, pipe, later model transmission, etc.

Comment

Pictures?

Comment

Comment

That thing looks rough. What's he wanting to trade for? Value? Book on that thing is between 2100-3100 trade/retail and that thing as stated previously looks rough. Can he prove it's had a top end recently? Total hours? I'd probably pass on that unless you plan to never try to sell it.

Comment

Other than being dirty I didn't think it looked too bad.
                I need to get rid of an old truck that I listed at $2000 and would take $1500 for.

No proof on anything I know of.

You think it would sell for $2000 if i polished it up?

Comment

Maybe, I'd probably look at replacing the plastics if you can find them, check rocky mountain atv, you may be stuck going oem, $$$. Replace the front brake lever, make sure the motor isn't a time bomb. My problem is if the guy wasn't even motivated enough to clean it up for the pictures, what else hasn't been taken care of and maintained.

Comment

Working...
                  X