Lowdown on Off-road parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Was it an Air? That's the one I plan to get. So if not, don't feel bad!
    I just got an air and my drone "license"...its certainly a badass little drone. I cant wait to get some offroad footage with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      I just got an air and my drone "license"...its certainly a badass little drone. I cant wait to get some offroad footage with it.
      Awesome! I think I'm going to pick one up once I have the van ready for our July trip, just to be sure there's still room in the discretionary budget.

Comment

Was it an Air? That's the one I plan to get. So if not, don't feel bad!
        The DJI Mavic Air is actually what I replaced it with (I sold my 3DR Solo). Haven't had a chance to play around with it yet but hopefully soon.

Comment

• The auto tracking and intelligent flight modes are kick ass!

Comment

• I'm hitting up Northwest OHV Saturday morning, if anyone can go! Probably be there by 9, leave at noon or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              I'm hitting up Northwest OHV Saturday morning, if anyone can go! Probably be there by 9, leave at noon or so.
              Man, if I weren't under such a time crunch this month, I would totally be there. Getting ready for a trip to the Ozarks next weekend, then heading out for about 2 weeks, the beginning of July..

I'm taking the Jeep next weekend, but we're planning to take the Van on the longer trip. That only leaves me 3 weekends to get it ready.. Ugh, I may end up just paying someone to fix the AC, just because I may not have time and it can be worked on while I'm at the day job.. And it will take me about 4 times as long since I've only worked on AC a couple times myself.

I do want to get back out there relatively soon though, as the Moab trip really taught me a lot about the capabilities of the Jeep, and I'm ready to try some of the more aggressive lines in the rock garden! (And now I have a tow vehicle, if needed!!!!! - Don't tell Leah I said that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                The DJI Mavic Air is actually what I replaced it with (I sold my 3DR Solo). Haven't had a chance to play around with it yet but hopefully soon.
                That's what I figured.. No offense, but I wouldn't have wanted your bulky old junk!! But seriously, the size of drones in general is why I had not really considered getting one until the Air came out. Leah's brother brought one of the older ones with us to CO a few years ago (can't recall if we saw you on that trip), but holy hell, that thing was just too huge to fuck with, and he had to have a dedicated ipad and all that.. Just getting it out of the backpack and assembling / prepping for flight was like a damn space shuttle launch!

The first time I saw a review of the Air I knew I would eventually get one, as that was pretty much what I was waiting for (the combination of Size, Price, and features).

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                The auto tracking and intelligent flight modes are kick ass!
                Yeah, those type of uses are the primary reason I've wanted a drone in the first place! And now that the are so small, and reasonably priced, IMO, I'm in!

Comment

• I'm also thinking about getting a Hero 7, and / or one maybe of those 360 cameras..

I love the idea of the 360 since you get everything, and can chose the angles / views you want in editing (or you can produce a VR type video).

The Hero with stabilization is pretty bad ass too, though. I have a Hero 4 but unless it's mounted or on a stand, it's too damn shaky and dicking with stabilization in Premier is not something I've dug into yet.

I'm leaning towards the Hero only because it would be great for an all-around, easy to use and compact option. Definitely an alternative for when you don't want to carry a DSLR AND Action Cam AND Smart Phone, etc..

Then again, that 360 cam with the 'invisible' selfie stick is pretty dang awesome, since you don't have to worry about 'missing' a shot cause you're pointed in the wrong direction.

Soo many toys, such a limited budget!

Comment

• Dude I'm with you on wanting a 7. I have a gimbal (osmo mobile 2) but it's a pain to deal with. The hero 7 and osmo action both just seem way easier. There are still some applications for the gimbal (large angular travel) but most can be done with a hero 7.

I haven't looked into the 360 but if it has fisheye that's a hard pass. I'm not a fan of the heavy fisheye of most action Cams and am glad the gopro has a way to correct for it.

Even after getting my mavic air I was amazed at the size.

Now I just need the damn OHV sticker to arrive in the mail.

Comment

Dude I'm with you on wanting a 7. I have a gimbal (osmo mobile 2) but it's a pain to deal with. The hero 7 and osmo action both just seem way easier. There are still some applications for the gimbal (large angular travel) but most can be done with a hero 7.

I haven't looked into the 360 but if it has fisheye that's a hard pass. I'm not a fan of the heavy fisheye of most action Cams and am glad the gopro has a way to correct for it.

Even after getting my mavic air I was amazed at the size.

Now I just need the damn OHV sticker to arrive in the mail.
                      I read somewhere you can print the email confirmation on the OHV sticker for proof, until you get the physical sticker.

Comment

That's what I figured.. No offense, but I wouldn't have wanted your bulky old junk!! But seriously, the size of drones in general is why I had not really considered getting one until the Air came out. Leah's brother brought one of the older ones with us to CO a few years ago (can't recall if we saw you on that trip), but holy hell, that thing was just too huge to fuck with, and he had to have a dedicated ipad and all that.. Just getting it out of the backpack and assembling / prepping for flight was like a damn space shuttle launch!

The first time I saw a review of the Air I knew I would eventually get one, as that was pretty much what I was waiting for (the combination of Size, Price, and features).
                        Ya the Solo was kind of pushed onto me by a buddy of mine that was/is into drones. He even went and bought it for me because it was "such a good deal" and I paid him for it. Should have done more research. The Air was more my choice and I did a bunch of research on it before buying. It has a couple of weaknesses but easy enough to work around.

Comment

I read somewhere you can print the email confirmation on the OHV sticker for proof, until you get the physical sticker.
                          It said you can for up to 15 days...I bought it on the 9th of may and the fucker still isnt here.

Comment

It said you can for up to 15 days...I bought it on the 9th of may and the fucker still isnt here.
                            Fucking A, email them and ask "WTF man, where is my stickah!1!!"

Comment

Fucking A, email them and ask "WTF man, where is my stickah!1!!"
                              I'm glad you mentioned the email because I didnt even think to check how long it had been.

Comment

• I’m slowly starting to look at getting another Jeep. When I sold my TJ I swore I would never buy a JKU, now that’s the only Jeep that makes sense with two kids and the amount of shit we always end up carrying.
                                The $20-25k price range actually has some better options than I anticipated, so I may see you guys on the trails soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X