What works with the new Mustangs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What works with the new Mustangs?

I am ordering a 2013 5.0 with the track package. I will want it lowered, but it has to handle better than it will from the factory.

I will want springs and adjustable panhard bar installed, along with an alignment.

I'm really not up to date with what works in the suspension department, as I have always been a drag racer. I'm going to start Autocrossing with this car.

What components would you recommend?

Are there other parts that should be added to this in order to perform properly?

Can you PM me an estimate?

Thank you.

removed since sponsor forum. Sorry.
    Last edited by goofygrin; 02-09-2012, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
      I am ordering a 2013 5.0 with the track package. I will want it lowered, but it has to handle better than it will from the factory.

I will want springs and adjustable panhard bar installed, along with an alignment.

I'm really not up to date with what works in the suspension department, as I have always been a drag racer. I'm going to start Autocrossing with this car.

What components would you recommend?

Are there other parts that should be added to this in order to perform properly?

Can you PM me an estimate?

Thank you.
      Hello. I can get you some ideas tonight if that is ok.

I know that the Track Package comes with a engine cooler, an upgraded radiator, performance friction brake pads, and Torsen T2R Diff.

I can shoot you some options on where you can go with this car. Just autocrossing? Any HPDE events?
      "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
        Hello. I can get you some ideas tonight if that is ok.

I know that the Track Package comes with a engine cooler, an upgraded radiator, performance friction brake pads, and Torsen T2R Diff.

I can shoot you some options on where you can go with this car. Just autocrossing? Any HPDE events?
        It also comes with the Brembo package and the gears are 3.73's. The Brembo package has a suspension improvement over stock as well.

Time is not an issue, as the car still has to be built.

I'll wind up getting into any twisty racing I can get into, honestly. My big dream is open road racing, or something similar. That's all after a cage is put in, and I acquire the driver mod.

Comment

It also comes with the Brembo package and the gears are 3.73's. The Brembo package has a suspension improvement over stock as well.

Time is not an issue, as the car still has to be built.

I'll wind up getting into any twisty racing I can get into, honestly. My big dream is open road racing, or something similar. That's all after a cage is put in, and I acquire the driver mod.
          My Brembo 2011 rode like shit and was too high. I put Koni yellows and 200/175 springs on it and it made a world of difference. I'm sure Loran will have some good info for you.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            My Brembo 2011 rode like shit and was too high. I put Koni yellows and 200/175 springs on it and it made a world of difference. I'm sure Loran will have some good info for you.
            I'm excited to see what he has in mind. He's been teasing me!!

Now if Ford would just build the damn thing and ship to me ASAP!!!!!

Comment

Lol, I had the same damn problem, the wait sucks!
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'm excited to see what he has in mind. He's been teasing me!!

Ha Ha. Sorry for the tease.

I will get you the info shortly. I have been firming up the details on the suspension package, and finally got everything done. You will be blown away.

When did Ford say you could expect delivery?
                "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by CYAZ06 View Post
                  Ha Ha. Sorry for the tease.

I will get you the info shortly. I have been firming up the details on the suspension package, and finally got everything done. You will be blown away.

When did Ford say you could expect delivery?
                  I'm cool as a cucumber, man. Take your time.

Delivery will be a little while. I went with the low volume dealer, so my order will have to wait until the high volume dealers get theirs. I might have to wait until May.

I'm hoping it will be sooner. However, the wait will be well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X