1978 'Zuki GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 'Zuki GS1000

So this is probably the 3rd time this bike has been worked on to get her running again. This time around I'm going a little more in depth but I should have it back on the road in time to ride it down to the Pie Run as long as the state gets back to me in time for my bonded title.

checked over the brake calipers and installed new pads. Took the carbs down and they are good to go. Installed a new clutch cable that made it in today too. And got the new pingel fuel valve in to replace the useless stock Vacuum operated valve.

Now just to wait for the rest of the parts.

what it should look like. I still need to get some stripes added to the tank but the tail end still has the skunk getup going on. Right now the tank is just black. Now I just need the stache and that sweet hat.

2004 Suzuki DL650
    1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

I had a '78 750E way back in the day, that should be a fun bike when you're done.

Comment

love the older step seat bikes. i want a KZ750
      http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Suzi's ran hard back in the day. Everything was pig-heavy, but it had the power. They went to a GS1100 right after that, and we thought it was a rocket-ship back then.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
          love the older step seat bikes. i want a KZ750
          I love high waste 70's jeans that accent the moose knuckle.

Comment

Not perfect yet but getting there

2004 Suzuki DL650
            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Working...
            X