android root

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• android root

do you have to buy the programs used to root your device? i will have a motorola atrix that i want to root and try my hands at, but if i have to pay for the programs, will they work with all android phones? i tried rooting my samsung captivate awhile back, but couldn't figure out how to make the phone work right. it was showing that it was rooted, but i really couldn't do anything on the phone, so i obviously didn't do something right.

Leave that mf'er alone

Comment

Originally posted by jlyon View Post
      do you have to buy the programs used to root your device? i will have a motorola atrix that i want to root and try my hands at, but if i have to pay for the programs, will they work with all android phones? i tried rooting my samsung captivate awhile back, but couldn't figure out how to make the phone work right. it was showing that it was rooted, but i really couldn't do anything on the phone, so i obviously didn't do something right.
      No need to buy anything. I'm sure others will chime in here later and if not I'll try and post some links later when I get home.

Comment

Step by step instructions that I posted a while back.

I got a samsung captivate . Model SGH-I897 . I was having some bluetooth trouble with the phone . I am always using th phone in the car so i need bluetooh to work . So i used samsung kies to update my phone cause i found out that the new update fixes some bluetooth problems . I went from 2.2 froyo to 2.3.5 gingerbread . Well

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
          Step by step instructions that I posted a while back.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...5&postcount=40
          That's for a captivate...

Just search motorola atrix root xda on google

Comment

What benefits can one really expect out of rooting an Android phone? I have never taken the time to look into it since I am not a heavy or technical user, but if it could speed up data I might be willing to kill some time on it.

Verizon with the Razr Maxx if that matters.

Comment

There are some things that can be done to help w/data speeds, but they're not going to take the device beyond the network's capabilities.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

My take on the benefits:

1. Access to programs that are not normally available on a non-rooted phone (Titanium Backup and Tasker
                2. Removal of bloatware.
                3. Performance and Battery enhancements.
                4. Customization.

Some links with info about what you can do if you root

To root or not to root? That is the question. Rooting your Android device definitely pushes you up a level or two in your geekdom. It requires a certain level of commitment, at least a little savvy, and even a modicum of risk. So, why would you want to bother?

Comment

I've seriously been considering a root. Especially since I'm still on ics..... lame.
                  .....bro....

Comment

well, i was wanting to try my hand at this on the motorola atrix as it will be an extra phone that's not being used. i want to play around with it and see what i can and can't do with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X