No announcement yet.

07 zx6r idles down slowly after throttle blip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think so. I went ahead and swapped plugs anyways since I dunno if it was ever done. Hopefully the line was just loose and nobody has made any adjustments.

Comment

Everything is hooked back up and the bike feels way better. Idled at 3k warm so obviously the idle screw had been turned up to mask the leak. Turned that down to around 1350 and it runs smooth and even sounds better. The throttle response is improved and it no longer hovers at 2-3k. Can't wait to actually ride this thing.

Comment

Good deal. You're definitely in the right part of the country for riding. North Texas sucks!

Comment

Dude I'm stooooked about the tail, I've heard of it for 10+ years now and am finally able to actually go. You should roll with Matt!

Comment

i have a list of spots i want to hit eventually, starting with the twisted sisters in ctx. the furthest ive been is around the lake whitney area

just try not to make any contributions to the tree!

Comment

Ha! I'm going to do my best

Comment

good deal you found something simple. that hose is the vachum signal for the map sensor, which is idle and up to around 7-10% throttle. a leak there will make them act all sorts of weird, i actually had one on our engine dyno where i had dropped an intake manifold o-ring, engine ran fine at wide open pulls, (alpha N), but it idled like crap in the car lol.
                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

We made it to robbinsville NC, horrendous weather yesterday and in the forecast but we're determined to ride the tail. Should have pics later

Comment

Skyline drive is a nice ride as well.

Comment

You mean the Cherhola skyway? we rode that after hitting the tail 4-5 times.

Comment

No. Skyline Drive in Shenandoah Ntl Park in VA. IIRC you are a VA resident now?

Comment

Ah, haven't been out that way yet. Yes I live in va now

Comment

Funny timing, but I just drove up to Harrisonburg for some work stuff and passed the sign for Skyline Drive

Comment

There you have it. There's your calling.

Comment

Working...
                              X