No announcement yet.

Be on the lookout for me...looking for Mx bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a used 14 200xcw with 17 hours on it. Was in NM with my wife and figured why not? It is a cheap way to get started and see if how it goes (with my eye issues).
    Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 08-23-2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Tag it. Finding local trails is fun.

Comment

I live 20 miles from one of the best natural riding spots around! Check out "The Canadian River" videos people post on YouTube. We go riding on Friday mornings, when it is usually just us down there. If they are having the sand drags.....stay far far away from that place unless you want to visit the local ER.

Comment

Bet you will love it. My 200 was a great bike.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
            Bet you will love it. My 200 was a great bike.
            From what I read when I first had the thought of riding again. The 200 is a great bike for all levels of riders. I found a lot of people own these bikes but most hang onto them even if it becomes the "old bike". Seems most that buy another bike keep the 200 to play on.

It is just funny that for the last 15 years, I have not even had one thought about riding again. Then something just flipped and I decided, "time to ride while I still can". Then it turned into a full on 24/7 search for a bike! Today on the 4 hour drive home with it...."why have I missed out on doing this for so long?", "why did I ever quit riding and get rid of my Gas Gas? Hmmmmm?" Maybe at the time it was the right thing but can't figure out why one day I gave it up, then just a few weeks ago completely reverse course and dive back in????

Comment

I bought mine thinking it would ride more like a 125 just with a little low end grunt. Man I was wrong. It's had lots of low end and mid but not enough top end like I was hoping for. It rode like a 250 that didn't rip your arms off or give you arm pump. I have to say it was great.

I rode my first ever cross country race on it placing 8th out of 21 or so riders in intermediate class. I was 36 racing with 15-25 year olds and ran with the 1st and 2nd place guy for around 5-6 minutes before realizing I have to back off their pace if I expect to last the next hour. They were on 250f's and it had no problem at all pacing with them. The only Reason I got rid of it is because once again it didn't rev as high as I like so it mad more sense to just get a 250 so I could feel safe doing the bigger jumps on the mx track. I even felt more comfortable I n those situations on complete strangers 125's. I do however want to pick up a 150 someday.

Comment

I bought mine thinking it would ride more like a 125 just with a little low end grunt. Man I was wrong. It's had lots of low end and mid but not enough top end like I was hoping for. It rode like a 250 that didn't rip your arms off or give you arm pump. I have to say it was great.

I rode my first ever cross country race on it placing 8th out of 21 or so riders in intermediate class. I was 36 racing with 15-25 year olds and ran with the 1st and 2nd place guy for around 5-6 minutes before realizing I have to back off their pace if I expect to last the next hour. They were on 250f's and it had no problem at all pacing with them. The only Reason I got rid of it is because once again it didn't rev as high as I like so it mad more sense to just get a 250 so I could feel safe doing the bigger jumps on the mx track. I even felt more comfortable I n those situations on complete strangers 125's. I do however want to pick up a 150 someday.
                I looked at the new Husky TE150 and man was it nice! That is the bike that they say replaced these 200's. They claim the new 150 is better everywhere in power than these 200's. I also looked at the KTM 150SX. That bike looks pretty awesome as well....nothing but business.

Actually , tomorrow, I was suppose to go get a 2015 KTM 250xcf (had rekluse clutch, FMF exhaust, warp 9 wheels and a few other mods). However I came across this bike while we were in Albuquerque yesterday. With only 17 hours on it, bone stock, and a price that was $2k less (than the 2015xcf).....why not? This bike still had most of the tits on the tires.

Comment

An ignition box and a pipe from a 125 would have fixed your problem.
                  Originally posted by soap
                  i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
                    An ignition box and a pipe from a 125 would have fixed your problem.
                    125 pipes don't work on the 200's. I had the 200sx Model and tried several different pipes. I had sunk a lot into it and just did t get the results I wanted.

Comment

Any of you found a decent forum for KTM's? Only one I found seems to be almost vacant? Similar to the old Canada site...lol. Trying to find some decent hand guards and some good quality foot pegs that are wider. After that....just ride and enjoy. Will pass on upgrades until the next bike. This is just to get me riding again.

Comment

thumper and vital I believe are the big ones. Ktm talk was good for info, haven't been on in awhile.

Comment

Had a chance to go riding this morning. Actually surprised how well the 200 ran. I guess technology has come a long way in the last 15 years! Anyway it was enough to leave me smiling ear to ear!

Comment

New skid lid showed up today....
                            Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 08-17-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Just like cars.....can't leave anything alone. Let the mods (little things) begin!

Cycra handguards, pro taper grips, and re-jetted for our altitude. Starting to look at a few other things like Enduro Engineering gel seat and gripper seat cover, carbon pipe guard, FMF pipe and skid plate. None of which will make me better or faster but who cares....

The last few things I am eyeballing... black rims and gold hubs and a Rekluse clutch.

New shoes...
                              Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 08-23-2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Get the Rekluse first if you go up any trails its the best mod ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X