Husqvarna....anybody have opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husqvarna....anybody have opinions?

I've had the DRZ for about 6-7 months now, and while I absolutely love the bike, I need something with a little more highway chops.

So, I've been looking around, and the Husqvarna 701 supermoto has caught my eye. Anybody from here have any experience with Husqvarna's bikes at all?
    Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Expensive. For the money I'd find a KTM 500 exc to convert. I saw one on cl recently with 9k miles for around 6 I believe it was. Add a set of warp 9's and tires and caliper bracket and you'd still save several thousand and not have a bike that looks....like a pig. I don't care for the looks of the 701 and the price tag doesn't do it any favors to me. Or really any 450 with a wide ratio. Nick (detailer) has/had a really nice CRF450x supermoto for sale recently and an aprilia sxv 450 that was track day ready. If he still has them you could buy both of them for what msrp on a 701 runs and honestly, no supermoto makes a good highway bike. My 450x will do it with the 14/42 gearing on 17's but it's not fun, especially with the drivers around dfw.
    Last edited by Fatass; 09-30-2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Comment

Not really looking for a "good highway bike". Just something with a little more highway capability, while still staying on a supermoto.

I'm not sure what you mean by looking like a pig. The 701 is dimensionally, very similar to the drz400sm.

Seat height is the same, wheel base on the 701 is 2.1 inches shorter, the ground clearance is about a half inch higher, they are within 3 pounds of each other on claimed dry weight.

Comment

I haven't been able to nail it but it's just something about that bike that looks odd to me. I'd do the ktm though, it's a bad bitch and you get a 6th gear. Plenty capable and plenty of aftermarket support for the orange bikes.

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
          Not really looking for a "good highway bike". Just something with a little more highway capability, while still staying on a supermoto.

I'm not sure what you mean by looking like a pig. The 701 is dimensionally, very similar to the drz400sm.

Seat height is the same, wheel base on the 701 is 2.1 inches shorter, the ground clearance is about a half inch higher, they are within 3 pounds of each other on claimed dry weight.

Comment

How often do you have to do valves and stuff on the husq or ktms?

Comment

Valve intervals are up for debate if it's being used on the street and not seeing much or any real hardcore dirt riding in my opinion. KTM lists the exc's at every 15 hours (4t). I honestly don't know how many hours I've put on my X but, prior to my purchase it was a track day bike and I've put around 2,500 miles on it on the street, 1200 of which were two weekends in arkansas WFO and at the last valve check everything was in spec. Once it gets hard to start, I'd check the valves.

Comment

I think you're crazy Fatass! I've been eyeing them for awhile, but these local dealers don't seem to want to sell them..
                I'd like to get the enduro version and buy some super Moto wheels and tires.

Comment

Here's my next husqvarna:

This automatic lawn cutting robot will run silently all season long, and give you more time to enjoy your summer.~~~~~Read the full review at techgadgetscana...
                  Last edited by Gasser64; 10-02-2016, 12:44 AM.
                  WH

Comment

I've been called worse, today even. I think it's the side plates that extend damn near to the swingarm that I don't care for. I prefer a more mx styled supermoto I guess, more sleek and lightweight. And I feel you on dealers not wanting to deal. My last purchase started with a grom, same dealer bs wanting over msrp and ended with a really low mile ducati hypermotard in the garage. Supermoto is a damn blast especially in an urban environment, doubt I'll ever be without one again.

Originally posted by Super Cubano View Post
                    I think you're crazy Fatass! I've been eyeing them for awhile, but these local dealers don't seem to want to sell them..
                    I'd like to get the enduro version and buy some super Moto wheels and tires.
                    http://www.cyclenews.com/2016/09/art...ro-first-look/

Comment

If this ever makes it to market, I'll be in line.

Comment

That's rad!

I've been feeling out the Husqvarna dealers that I can find. Most of them don't seem like they want to deal, like y'all said above. I've been buying brand new bikes from Plano Kawasaki/Suzuki for the last 3-4 years....my GSXR, my ZX10r, and my DRZ. It's kind of annoying to go from a dealership that knows you mean business, to dealing with a bunch of people who don't, and treat you like a confirmed window shopper.

Comment

My brother just bought a TE 300 last Friday. We went riding Sunday and that thing is crazy nice! Just bought my 14 KTM 200 XCW but now thinking I might buy a FE250 for the days I feel like riding a 4 stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by NTexas_V-Star View Post
                            That's rad!

I've been feeling out the Husqvarna dealers that I can find. Most of them don't seem like they want to deal, like y'all said above. I've been buying brand new bikes from Plano Kawasaki/Suzuki for the last 3-4 years....my GSXR, my ZX10r, and my DRZ. It's kind of annoying to go from a dealership that knows you mean business, to dealing with a bunch of people who don't, and treat you like a confirmed window shopper.
                            Yeah, that's why I made a point to go back to one of the dealers that didn't want to deal on a 3200 dollar bike riding a carbon fibered out ducati. Fags.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                              My brother just bought a TE 300 last Friday. We went riding Sunday and that thing is crazy nice! Just bought my 14 KTM 200 XCW but now thinking I might buy a FE250 for the days I feel like riding a 4 stroke.
                              I'd like a smaller two stroke for the dirt, if I could swing it without making myself single I'd be dragging home a new beta 300rr.

Comment

Working...
                              X