No announcement yet.

She'll buff out....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When they make an offer, counteroffer. It's a negotiation. Pro Tip: You need a good combination of research to show knowledge of the market for your vehicle and sounding offended that it is such an incredibly low offer.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      When they offer, reject it. Do not counter offer. Do some research on what they are selling for. Use multiple ads from various sources that are comparable to your vehicle.
      What is the benefit to rejecting it vs making a counteroffer?

Comment

Oh well yeah you never ask for what you want. You ask for more...isn't that the point of negotiating?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

Because you make them keep offering up to where you're satisfied. If you think it's worth $8,000 and they offer $5,000, what do you think they'll do once you say you want $8,000?

Instead, you pull up a bunch of ads of similar vehicles in your area, around your price. You submit it to them and tell them they have an obligation to compensate you for the loss of your property at the time of your loss. If they don't work toward a resolution, then you tell them you'll have to seek a third party moderator to assist with a conclusion. If you've done your homework well enough, you'll get what you want, based off the evidence you submit.
          Very well said. Any time you suffer a total loss in a full coverage situation, this is the route you need to take.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Well I'll keep this in mind if I ever end up needing...Hopefully I don't.

Comment

Because you make them keep offering up to where you're satisfied. If you think it's worth $8,000 and they offer $5,000, what do you think they'll do once you say you want $8,000?

Instead, you pull up a bunch of ads of similar vehicles in your area, around your price. You submit it to them and tell them they have an obligation to compensate you for the loss of your property at the time of your loss. If they don't work toward a resolution, then you tell them you'll have to seek a third party moderator to assist with a conclusion. If you've done your homework well enough, you'll get what you want, based off the evidence you submit.
              All this right here. Insurance companies are out to make money, they don't make money paying out, so the will low ball everyone.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Geico received the police report earlier today, determined who was at fault and that said person has ins. What i dont understand is why geico is trying to give me a lowball offer when i feel like the other guy (nation wide) should be paying for everything and throwing the lowballs. Either way, i will reject their offers and hopefully squeeze a few more bucks out of these jerks. Thanks for the advice.
                .....bro....

Comment

Honestly, you should've waited for the police report and filed a claim with the at fault's insurance company. Now you have a collision claim on your record.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                    Honestly, you should've waited for the police report and filed a claim with the at fault's insurance company. Now you have a collision claim on your record.
                    he wasnt driving?
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      he wasnt driving?
                      It doesn't matter, its a collision accident reported on his own policy.

Comment

geico knew about the accident before i did. i guess the cops called it in?
                        .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                          geico knew about the accident before i did. i guess the cops called it in?
                          Knew about it how? They called your agent?

Comment

geico called my wife when we were both at work to tell her about the car getting hit at the train station parking lot.
                            .....bro....

Comment

Sounds like police found your insurance through their system and made the call

Comment

Lla deja de tomar bro lol
                                Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X