• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come you quit making caking?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
      How come you quit making caking?
      Time. When I started working for Highland Homes, I took $1500 ish in Holiday orders I had to cancel because work got crazy busy. I realized that I didn't have the time to dedicate to it and produce quaality products. It was also a HIGE strain on my marriage, as there was always a mess in the kitchen!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Since there are people following this, I'll post here and in the model thread.

I kind of fucking love it! I think I will dub this one leather and lace. Not quite sure what I'm going to do in the center panels. Maybe flames, maybe cut a filagree stencil, not real sure yet! The brown kind of looks like shit brown, but it has a lot of flake in it that should pop once cleared. The top was done with a base of createx wicked gold and then the panels were masked off. I followed that with pearlized copper. On top of that I added a fade of tequila yellow. The lace was sprayed with the body color (marone alcestis) so that it faded out towards the edges. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          Honestly, I hadn't really looked at it like that! Though, now that you mention it, I can see how, not necessarily the judging style, but being exposed to other types of builds has influenced .y creativity! Don't get me wrong, it will still be a hot rod type build!

I picked up some wicked colors today, as well as some lace for the panels. The top has been primed and show with a silver base and a light pearl gold. This thing should take shape over the weekend if I get time. I'll post some updates in the model car thread soon. I've got 2 other builds going, hopefully all 3 will be in Houston!

It's pretty similar in bbq competitions too. You can have the best product from a broad perspective, but the judges are the only ones that matter so have to try and guess as to the style they like.

I kind of fucking love it! I think I will dub this one leather and lace. Not quite sure what I'm going to do in the center panels. Maybe flames, maybe cut a filagree stencil, not real sure yet! The brown kind of looks like shit brown, but it has a lot of flake in it that should pop once cleared. The top was done with a base of createx wicked gold and then the panels were masked off. I followed that with pearlized copper. On top of that I added a fade of tequila yellow. The lace was sprayed with the body color (marone alcestis) so that it faded out towards the edges. Thoughts?

That looks badass. I dont do any paint or bodywork so I have no clue how to can get such a clean and well done look on such a small area.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            It's pretty similar in bbq competitions too. You can have the best product from a broad perspective, but the judges are the only ones that matter so have to try and guess as to the style they like.

That looks badass. I dont do any paint or bodywork so I have no clue how to can get such a clean and well done look on such a small area.
            Thanks! Good tape, patience, and a good clean airbrush! I played with it a bit, I'm planning to flip the lace and spray the middle panels. I may deepen the orange fade down the middle to go with the pattern. The next question is whether I spray a pearl coat on top of the roof before clear or not.

Comment

Is that Gucci? Lol

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                X