Anybody do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody do this?

For about the last 4 months this is what I've been doing. Changed over from the old way. I like it so much better than the old way. No more soreness, no more psychological battle to go to the gym when you're sore and tired. And another huge bonus, you spend less time working out. You work out every day, and you trade intensity for volume. Apparently, volume is better. I'm still getting stronger, and I am never sore or worn down. Still slowly but surely adding more and more weight. Energy is increased rather than always taking a hit to heal. Feels so much better. Learned about it when I watched this:

WH

good listen. I developed a similar work out strategy out of cheapness. I signed up for a gym membership for the first time in my life and I wasn't working so I definitely wanted to get my money's worth and new I wouldn't be able to do that if I was sore half the time. I found a routine where I could work out twice a day and did so 5-7 days a week. Ended up shaving 40 lbs, got into the best shape of my life and truly felt like a monster

Comment

Yeah its like less is more. Well its actually more is more in this case, because of the increased volume you're doing. But it definitely feels like a lot less. The time I spend working out is down dramatically, but I'm still making gains and adding weight from time to time. I was like Joe from the video, thinking you had to get in there and punish yourself. Guess not. Reminds me of "work smarter not harder".
      WH

Comment

oops double
        WH

Comment

When it's been several months of not working out I always do lighter weights. I start off at medium, then next set 10 lbs less, and 3rd set another 10 lbs less. Never sore. Hitting the gym hard is for people who want to look like a Arnold. I always do 1st high weight and then drop for all workouts. Let's your muscle work. A starting out, do a new max and start with say 30% of that max. After a week or two of doing that go up 20% of that max till you hitb100% of your max

Comment

Working...
          X