• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
    mmm Arby's...
    mmm big montana W/ cheese...
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Soap, what are you even doing in here man?
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Soap, what are you even doing in here man?
        LOL... he was searching for the Taco Cabana thread....

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
          Had it today. Food was good. Really good. Our waitress was horrible. The manager came out and apologized for her screw ups (we didn't complain), and comped some of our stuff. So I can't say the service was bad, because they made it right.
          I guess I've lucked out. I've only had bad service once, and it was at the soft opening. It's hard for me to be too judgemental about that, because nobody knows what the fuck is going on, and that's the whole purpose of a soft opening. I was there two weeks ago and the server we had was great. He wasn't laughing at any of our inappropriate jokes though, as he "had to keep it professional".

I've tried something I had not previously had there. It was the Cochinita Pibil, and it was awesome.

"COCHINITA PIBIL 16
          Pork shank rubbed with achiote, wrapped in banana leaf & roasted. Served with three chile salsa, street corn & Oaxacan black beans." I made little tacos and ate until I couldn't eat anymore. Squeeze the orange over it and go to town.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            I guess I've lucked out. I've only had bad service once, and it was at the soft opening. It's hard for me to be too judgemental about that, because nobody knows what the fuck is going on, and that's the whole purpose of a soft opening. I was there two weeks ago and the server we had was great. He wasn't laughing at any of our inappropriate jokes though, as he "had to keep it professional".

I've tried something I had not previously had there. It was the Cochinita Pibil, and it was awesome.

"COCHINITA PIBIL 16
            Pork shank rubbed with achiote, wrapped in banana leaf & roasted. Served with three chile salsa, street corn & Oaxacan black beans." I made little tacos and ate until I couldn't eat anymore. Squeeze the orange over it and go to town.
            We got the cochinita pibil a while back and liked it, so I recommended it this time to Tiff's folks. They ate like birds, so I ate half of it myself. It's great. I ordered the steak tampiquena medium rare, and it was good. Tiff got the steak and relleno, which is what normally get, and I ended up eating half of hers, too. I diet all week so this was a cheat meal, and I took full advantage.

Our waitress disappeared after taking our order. We sat without drinks for a good while, and then someone else brought them out. Then we sat with empty chips and salsa for a long time. Someone else asked us if we needed anything, and we told her we were still waiting on our table side guac, chips, salsa, etc... Someone finally came out to make the guac for us, and our food showed up while she was making it. That's when the manager came out and apologized profusely and said he would comp the guac. He ended up comping that plus my $20 steak tampiquena. The waitress came back to bring the bill and clear the table at the end, and she seemed like she had something going on. I don't know if she was sick, high, or had gotten some kind of stressful phone call, or what. Could have been something way more important than food at that moment. I dunno.

But like I said, they made it right and we left happy (and full). Service has always been fine there on other trips, although they can never seem to keep salsa in front of me. Most places fail at that, so I'm used to it.

The house margaritas we got were just okay and kinda small, but I guess that's what $7 gets you. Honestly, it made me not want to pay more for something else. If the first one was bigger or stronger, I would have kept them coming. I switched to water, instead.

I'll go back, of course!

Comment

• Jared. tell them to bring you 2 bowls of salsa just for you, and keep the refills coming! We went last night after I picked Lyn up from the airport, but they were closed.

Comment

Working...
              X