Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops go to wrong house and kill a man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some fucked up shit. Pretty screwed up when they can come to the wrong house and if you light up a home invasion you get the book thrown at you or more like every bullet in their tac vest until you are d.e.a.d.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
      Some fucked up shit. Pretty screwed up when they can come to the wrong house and if you light up a home invasion you get the book thrown at you or more like every bullet in their tac vest until you are d.e.a.d.
      There have been several instances in recent memory that home owners shot and killed officers and they were no billed by the grand jury.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This could all be prevented so damn easily. Do some verification checks as said above. Not to mention... WTF... you gonna tell me the cops didn't ever see a picture the person they were going to arrest? They don't have anything close to what it takes to do the job. Who the hell are they hiring? Is having the personality of Courage the Cowardly Dog a prerequisite? If they're shitting their pants like this before a raid, its time to let them go. Need to stop calling them cops and start calling them hacks.

If convicted in a fair trial, public hanging is my vote. Make the new ones in training watch the videos and tell them this will be their fate if they make this error and anybody gets shot. If they get shot though, no crime was committed. Same thing for their stupid dogs.
        WH

Comment

I would like to understand the procedure that they SHOULD follow a little better. I monitor a scanner and hear some of the crap they deal with. Frankly, just the small town stuff the local LEOs deal with - they are pretty thorough. They seem to do their due diligence to get things right and the dispatchers are very detail oriented.

However, until I get a trunk (P25) scanner I won't necessarily hear things that are involved with no-knock warrants out of collin and grayson county. Even then for stuff like that, I think they'd use other means to communicate that would not be available to a scanner.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Force payouts to come out of policemen's pension funds. Easy fix.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              Force payouts to come out of policemen's pension funds. Easy fix.
              Not really. If it comes out of the retirements of the LEO that pulls the trigger, that could really screw the family of the victim. Young officers with little to no retirement, etc. If you take it from the whole, there's no way the LE unions will sign off on that, and why punish the officers who didn't do anything wrong and weren't even there.

Then you have PD's like FW whose pension funds are coming up a little short so to speak, and that's a whole other problem.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Not really. If it comes out of the retirements of the LEO that pulls the trigger, that could really screw the family of the victim. Young officers with little to no retirement, etc. If you take it from the whole, there's no way the LE unions will sign off on that, and why punish the officers who didn't do anything wrong and weren't even there.

Then you have PD's like FW whose pension funds are coming up a little short so to speak, and that's a whole other problem.
                Then they start policing themselves and beating the fuck out of the ones costing their retirement fund millions of dollars and making sure that they get the door. You have more accountability when the older cops start seeing their retirement going out the door because of fuck ups. "But it wasn't me.." Right. Then go handle your guys.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

So the list:

1. More and better training.

2. Make it hit the cop's own funds in some way. Maybe wage garnishment for the offender even if he's fired. Wage garnishment on next job

3. Much more accountability

4. Much better screening for new hires

5. Mandatory PT and must pass regular tests

6. Same ROE as military

7. ?? What else
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I do feel the officer in question should take a penalty pay for being involved shit like this, but to support a victim's family it needs to come from a larger pool.

It comes out of the taxpayers who have to support these legal defense funds and they sure didn't do anything, so why not narrow the burden of supporting it to the professional group in question.

I really don't care if the police unions support it or not. Let them try to strike and i'm pretty sure our executive branch will have no problem ordering them all back to work or else like what happened with the ATC union.

Reward officers who report bad behavior with bonuses. The blue wall needs to be broken to enact meaningful law enforcement reform.

I think retiring officers seeing their pensions dwindle down as their colleagues continue to get "easily startled" will help pass the message to knock it the fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                      I do feel the officer in question should take a penalty pay for being involved shit like this, but to support a victim's family it needs to come from a larger pool.

It comes out of the taxpayers who have to support these legal defense funds and they sure didn't do anything, so why not narrow the burden of supporting it to the professional group in question.

I really don't care if the police unions support it or not. Let them try to strike and i'm pretty sure our executive branch will have no problem ordering them all back to work or else like what happened with the ATC union.

Reward officers who report bad behavior with bonuses. The blue wall needs to be broken to enact meaningful law enforcement reform.

I think retiring officers seeing their pensions dwindle down as their colleagues continue to get "easily startled" will help pass the message to knock it the fuck off.
                      Sounds like a whole new vertical for major insurance players.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Sounds like a whole new vertical for major insurance players.
                        There you go. Make those fuckers carrier insurance like a doc.

Comment

Not surprised. Nothing will happen to these idiots either.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Whoever was overseeing the raid should be charged with murder.. it's not super hard to get an address right, and I bet everyone of them had a smartphone to verify the address as well, and whoever was in charge should've checked and verified the address right before going in.. ftp
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Whoever was overseeing the raid should be charged with murder.. it's not super hard to get an address right, and I bet everyone of them had a smartphone to verify the address as well, and whoever was in charge should've checked and verified the address right before going in.. ftp
                              Yeah, that's why I had mentioned liking to understand the procedures better - because in this day and age, with all the information available the simple things have to be right.

Of course, every PD does something different I'm sure.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X