No announcement yet.

Cooking the perfect steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other day, I was watching an episode of Meat & Potatoes. The main feature was a place called Zinburger, which is a wine/burger joint. Anyhow, they had these wine infused onions that looked incredible. So I had to experiment. as mentioned, I'm not much for toppers, but the thought of those with bleu cheese on a fat steak made my pants tight.

Bought some choice Rancher's Reserve ribeyes, 2" thick. Did the salt method. However, I did this on a weekday, so I couldn't be home to do it properly. I covered with a paper towel, and stuck in the fridge. They sat for a hair over 8 hours. Washed, salted and peppered, cooked, and hit it with butter. I carmelized some thinly sliced onions and garlic, reduced some Merkin Vineyards Chupacabra (red blend), and tossed in the onions and garlic. Topped with the bleu cheese and wine infused onions. Ohmyfuckinggod. It was unbelievable.

My point of this was that those onions make a badass topper if you like toppers. Also, the longer you let the salt method go, the more tender it was. I didn't even need a knife. And it was no more salty than going only 1 hour per side. Or even than not using the salt method at all.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      The other day, I was watching an episode of Meat & Potatoes. The main feature was a place called Zinburger, which is a wine/burger joint. Anyhow, they had these wine infused onions that looked incredible. So I had to experiment. as mentioned, I'm not much for toppers, but the thought of those with bleu cheese on a fat steak made my pants tight.

Bought some choice Rancher's Reserve ribeyes, 2" thick. Did the salt method. However, I did this on a weekday, so I couldn't be home to do it properly. I covered with a paper towel, and stuck in the fridge. They sat for a hair over 8 hours. Washed, salted and peppered, cooked, and hit it with butter. I carmelized some thinly sliced onions and garlic, reduced some Merkin Vineyards Chupacabra (red blend), and tossed in the onions and garlic. Topped with the bleu cheese and wine infused onions. Ohmyfuckinggod. It was unbelievable.

My point of this was that those onions make a badass topper if you like toppers. Also, the longer you let the salt method go, the more tender it was. I didn't even need a knife. And it was no more salty than going only 1 hour per side. Or even than not using the salt method at all.
      Sounds good dude. I do caramelized onion and bacon mashed taters sometimes when I eat food of that sort, so I might try that out next time.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• I love steak with A1. I don't care if its a $5 steak, or a $100 steak. That bitch is getting dunked in some A1. Yea I know alot of ppl like to taste the steak blah blah blah. But for me, I enjoy the flavor of steak and A1. Just my .02. So if someone takes offense to the way I eat steak, they can shove it.

Comment

• Originally posted by danielhv View Post
          I love steak with A1. I don't care if its a $5 steak, or a $100 steak. That bitch is getting dunked in some A1. Yea I know alot of ppl like to taste the steak blah blah blah. But for me, I enjoy the flavor of steak and A1. Just my .02. So if someone takes offense to the way I eat steak, they can shove it.
          It really is all a preference. I will eat a steak plain or marinated, just depends on the mood. If marinated, I don't like the old fashion "italian dressing" way. I usually let them sit in some pineapple juice and use some over the counter marinade.

Comment

I love steak with A1. I don't care if its a $5 steak, or a $100 steak. That bitch is getting dunked in some A1. Yea I know alot of ppl like to taste the steak blah blah blah. But for me, I enjoy the flavor of steak and A1. Just my .02. So if someone takes offense to the way I eat steak, they can shove it.
            Just don't come eat at my house.

Comment

I can deal with some seasoning, herb butter, or even a good marinade sometimes but A1 is totally overpowering to the point you can't really taste the steak. To each his own I guess.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                The other day, I was watching an episode of Meat & Potatoes. The main feature was a place called Zinburger, which is a wine/burger joint. Anyhow, they had these wine infused onions that looked incredible. So I had to experiment. as mentioned, I'm not much for toppers, but the thought of those with bleu cheese on a fat steak made my pants tight.

I saw Tom Thumb had some ranchers reserve ribeyes on sale i think the other day in the paper. I'm planning on doing this tomorrow.
                Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                Your opinion is what sucks.
                You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

• Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                  I saw Tom Thumb had some ranchers reserve ribeyes on sale i think the other day in the paper. I'm planning on doing this tomorrow.
                  3.99/lb for the Rancher's Reserve. If you get the pre packaged, there are 5 in a pack about 1 1/4" thick. You can always have them cut some thicker in the back.

Comment

• I just went during lunch. i grabbed two steaks.. never bought steak from Tom Thumb before.

Became a super force the U. It may not necessarily be a person working Fox Plots for for, it could be. The drug companies gave $12 million in donations to the Republicans, and got tens of thousands of thousands in the laws which were passed back. A Historical Overview Of Dating Russian Women And soon …
                    Last edited by unkoricky; 06-30-2011, 01:31 PM.
                    Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                    Your opinion is what sucks.
                    You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

• Originally posted by unkoricky View Post
                      I just went during lunch. i grabbed two steaks.. never bought steak from Tom Thumb before.

http://www.zinburgernj.com/
                      The Rancher's Reserve isn't bad quality at all for a normal grocery store.

Comment

Working...
                      X