No announcement yet.

What's your favorite crock pot recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite crock pot recipe?

I want to put my Christmas present to use.
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Toss a beef roast or beef tips in the crock pot and add a jar or 2 of pepperoncini peppers with juice. (If you use the whole ones remove the stems first.) Cook on low 6-8 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
      Toss a beef roast or beef tips in the crock pot and add a jar or 2 of pepperoncini peppers with juice. (If you use the whole ones remove the stems first.) Cook on low 6-8 hours.
      That does not sound good.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        x2

Comment

Beef Stew

Ingredients

* 1 cup bacon, chopped
          * 2 pounds beef stew meat
          * 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
          * 2 medium parsnips, cut into large dice
          * 3 large carrots, cut into large dice
          * 2 cups chopped onions, cut into medium dice
          * 3 to 4 celery stalks, cut into large dice
          * 1 24-ounce bag red bliss potatoes, cut large ones in half
          * 1 tablespoons thyme, chopped
          * 1 14-ounce can stewed tomatoes
          * 2 tablespoons tomato paste
          * Salt and pepper, to taste

Preparation

In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the bacon then remove to the crockpot, reserving the fat in the skillet.

Brown the stew meat in the reserved bacon fat, sprinkle with flour, then remove the meat and place into the crock pot.

Add all the remaining ingredients to the crockpot and give it a good stir. Place the lid on and cook 4 hours on high or 6-8 on low.
          Last edited by scootro; 12-29-2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Moroccan Chicken-

6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts , chopped into large chunks (or assorted chicken pieces, about 3 lbs)
            1 tablespoon flour or 2 tablespoons cornflour
            2 large onions , chopped
            3 -4 garlic cloves , chopped finely
            1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
            1 inch fresh gingerroot , finely chopped
            6 ounces dried apricots
            2 tablespoons tomato paste
            2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
            2 (14 ounce) cans chickpeas
            3 tablespoons honey
            1/2 pint chicken stock
            1 pinch saffron or 1 teaspoon turmeric
            4 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix (or make up spice mix below)
            1 teaspoon ground coriander
            1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
            1 teaspoon ground cumin
            1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
            salt and black pepper
            chopped fresh coriander , to serve (Cilantro)

OPTIONAL

2 carrots , peeled & diced (optional)
            1 preserved lemon , chopped into small wedges (optional)

Directions:

1. PLEASE NOTE: This recipe lists canned chickpeas in the ingredients, NOT dried! If you use dried chickpeas, you MUST soak them and cook them first!
            2. Heat up olive oil in a frying pan/skillet & saute chopped onions & garlic for 5-10 minutes.
            3. Add chicken stock & gradually mix in flour or cornflour until well mixed & not lumpy.Add honey & tomato paste & mix well.
            4. Add herbs,spices & finely chopped ginger with salt & pepper to taste.
            5. Finally add tinned tomatoes & mix well.
            6. Pour the above tomato,onion & spice mix into slow cooker or tagine.
            7. Add chicken & chickpeas & mix well.
            8. Add dried apricots making sure they are covered by juice. (Add the carrots if using.).
            9. Give it a gentle but good stir to mix everything together well.
            10. Crock Pot or Slow Cooker - Cook on high for about 3 to 4 hours OR automatic with keep warm facility for up to 8 hours. (Please note that the cooking times depend on your crockpot, the cooking times I have suggested work fine with mine which is a Morphy Richards Slow Cooker.).
            11. If cooking in a Traditional Tagine, do as above & cook SLOWLY over gas or barbeque for about 2-3 hours.
            12.Electric Tagine cooking - same as the slowcooker. If you need to thicken it up towards the end of the cooking time, add cornflour which has been mixed with a little water & add to the tagine - mix well.
            13. Serve with freshly chopped Coriander/Cilantro sprinked on top & either with couscous, rice, fresh flat bread, pitta bread or salads. It is also good (if not traditional) served with fluffy pureed or mashed potatoes & pasta.
            14. Note: You can use chicken pieces or whole chicken which has been cut up into portions, but you will then need to brown them in a frying pan or skillet beforehand. Preserved lemons make a great addition, add them when you add the apricots and carrots.

I know it is complicated, but this shit is fucking awesome.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

lol isnt the point of a crock pot to set it and leave it alone so you don't spend all day cooking? shit!

toss a roast in that bitch, pour some Worcester sauce on it, add baby carrots, sliced onion, diced potatoes, and any other veggies you want. cook that shit on medium all day, or high for 4-6 hours. eff a bunch of spending much time preparing a crock pot meal!

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                Moroccan Chicken-

6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts , chopped into large chunks (or assorted chicken pieces, about 3 lbs)
                1 tablespoon flour or 2 tablespoons cornflour
                2 large onions , chopped
                3 -4 garlic cloves , chopped finely
                1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
                1 inch fresh gingerroot , finely chopped
                6 ounces dried apricots
                2 tablespoons tomato paste
                2 (14 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
                2 (14 ounce) cans chickpeas
                3 tablespoons honey
                1/2 pint chicken stock
                1 pinch saffron or 1 teaspoon turmeric
                4 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix (or make up spice mix below)
                1 teaspoon ground coriander
                1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
                1 teaspoon ground cumin
                1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
                salt and black pepper
                chopped fresh coriander , to serve (Cilantro)

OPTIONAL

2 carrots , peeled & diced (optional)
                1 preserved lemon , chopped into small wedges (optional)

Directions:

1. PLEASE NOTE: This recipe lists canned chickpeas in the ingredients, NOT dried! If you use dried chickpeas, you MUST soak them and cook them first!
                2. Heat up olive oil in a frying pan/skillet & saute chopped onions & garlic for 5-10 minutes.
                3. Add chicken stock & gradually mix in flour or cornflour until well mixed & not lumpy.Add honey & tomato paste & mix well.
                4. Add herbs,spices & finely chopped ginger with salt & pepper to taste.
                5. Finally add tinned tomatoes & mix well.
                6. Pour the above tomato,onion & spice mix into slow cooker or tagine.
                7. Add chicken & chickpeas & mix well.
                8. Add dried apricots making sure they are covered by juice. (Add the carrots if using.).
                9. Give it a gentle but good stir to mix everything together well.
                10. Crock Pot or Slow Cooker - Cook on high for about 3 to 4 hours OR automatic with keep warm facility for up to 8 hours. (Please note that the cooking times depend on your crockpot, the cooking times I have suggested work fine with mine which is a Morphy Richards Slow Cooker.).
                11. If cooking in a Traditional Tagine, do as above & cook SLOWLY over gas or barbeque for about 2-3 hours.
                12.Electric Tagine cooking - same as the slowcooker. If you need to thicken it up towards the end of the cooking time, add cornflour which has been mixed with a little water & add to the tagine - mix well.
                13. Serve with freshly chopped Coriander/Cilantro sprinked on top & either with couscous, rice, fresh flat bread, pitta bread or salads. It is also good (if not traditional) served with fluffy pureed or mashed potatoes & pasta.
                14. Note: You can use chicken pieces or whole chicken which has been cut up into portions, but you will then need to brown them in a frying pan or skillet beforehand. Preserved lemons make a great addition, add them when you add the apricots and carrots.

I know it is complicated, but this shit is fucking awesome.
                That ain't complicated, but it seems like it will be good. I think I'll make that next week for my dineers. Watch your back if it sucks though.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I made a seafood paella today that turned out pretty good. I'm doing a roast tomorrow.
                  An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                    Believe me, I thought the same exact thing and wouldn't try it for a while. I finally tried it after a ton of people said how good it really is. A lot of people eat it on rolls/buns and some with cheese on it, too.

Comment

my wife has a simple chicken and dumplings that she made tonight....
                      i'll get her to post the recipe
                      first class white trash

Comment

Fondue.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I really don't know the exact recipe but you cook a roast with a couple containers of spicey Pico until it is tender and falling apart. If you like beans those can be added as well. Make burritos with it or just eat it with tortillas to soak up the juice.

Comment

Take your favorite lasagna recipe and just build it in the crock pot. For the meat I use half pound of ground beef and a pound of italian sausage. Comes out awesome.
                            Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                            -Fred Sanford

Comment

Velveeta

Comment

Working...
                              X