Crawfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawfish

Is it back in season? who else eats this?
    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

I end up cooking around 100 pounds a year for friends and family, it is still too early for them.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

+1 here. After living in East Texas for awhile I became a fanatic. Suck the heads and lick the Cayenne Pepper off the backs. I love the potatoes and the corn and licking my fingers after I eat a pound. I feel like I could write about them or paint a fucking picture I love them so much.
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

They usally come into season around early March.
        I do a Crawfish boil every year around the first week in April. I can't wait.

Comment

I always have them with a large pitcher of real cold beer
          Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

I like a craw fish Trio.....

Fried
            Etouffee
            Bisque

on one plate at Pappadeaux.

Comment

I usually do three boils, usually 40 lb sacks each, 20 lbs of new potatoes, same of corn, 5 lbs of mushrooms, bag of garlic (like 5 pods), etc etc. Add about 5 different brands of beer, around 200 total, in a giant rubbermaid tube covered in ice and then sprinkled generously with rock salt. Nearby is enough hard booze and mixin's to make a variety of mixed drinks, but I usually leave that up to someone else, as I am busy cooking bugs.

Finally, when it is all down, spread the shit out on a pair of picnic tables pushed together and covered in newspaper, with several of the beer boxs placed around to catch the dead solders (empty crawfish). Skinniest person at the table gets the duty of grabbing fresh cold beer and drinks for the group.

Fuck, now I'm jonesin' for some bugs.

Stevo
              Originally posted by SSMAN
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Hook Line & Sinker and Dodie's both have pretty good crawfish, when it's in season.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Love 'em! Cant wait to eat a ton.

Comment

I'm sure we will have a boil this year as well.... I have a couple of pictures i'll post in a min of our favorite insurance girl having way too much fun with her mudbugs!

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Better let me know Christian!
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

This thread makes me want to hit Cypress Inn in Monroe.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Better let me know Christian!
                          will do man.... there will be an extensive invite list and if you are on it you better bring an appetite

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

I love crawfish.. we'll get 30lbs a weekend when in season and invite people over.
                            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                            Your opinion is what sucks.
                            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              Hook Line & Sinker and Dodie's both have pretty good crawfish, when it's in season.
                              I usually go to Aw Shucks on Greenville, or now that The Fish Shack is open in Plano I'll go there.
                              An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                              X