Ecoboost Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecoboost Explorer

Does anyone have an explorer with the 2.3L ecoboost. My wife wants a '17, however, a lot of what she is finding has the ecoboost, and I have reservations about it.

I don't want it to be a turd, I've heard that the older ecoboost Explorers were sluggish.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

go test drive one and put your foot in it...

my wife had a 2.0 ecoboost 2014 escape and that thing had plenty of power

Comment

We went today and drove it. The wife loved it. So, she got a new whip. Has all of the features she wanted. White tri coat metallic, black leather with second row buckets, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Other than the white...I like it. XLT?

Comment

Sneak install a tune on it for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Blandnuts View Post
            Other than the white...I like it. XLT?
            Yep. It has most of the bells and whistles. No moonroof and no mytouch controls, thank god. We had that in our Edge and I abdolutely hated it

Comment

White is right!
              Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Congrads
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                  White is right!
                  It is damn near the only way to go in Texas. My civic is black, and there are days I am EXTREMELY tempted to plastidip the roof white.

Comment

Look'n good. Need a tune? I'd be happy to let you see what it did to my 2015 SHO.
                    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                      Look'n good. Need a tune? I'd be happy to let you see what it did to my 2015 SHO.
                      Meh, I don't drive it enough to mess with it!

For anyone looking for a new Ford or Chevy, go see the guys at Holiday Ford. I worked with Frank on the Ford side. I did the entire deal over the phone/text. They gave me a solid value on my trade and we were in and out of the dealership in an hour and a half. 30 minutes of that was detail being backed up a little bit, and they had to reset their digital signature pad in finance. This is our second purchase there and when it is time to replace my beater with a new truck, we will be back.

Window tint

Has anyone had any success having the front windows tinted to match the factory "privacy" glass on the back windows? I don't necessarily want to go any darker, as the wife will have trouble driving at night.

Floor mats

Is anyone using weather tech's in their explorer? Right now, I'm thinking weather techs in the front and second row and then picking up a Ford mat that goes in the little well under the third row, and a protector mat for when third row is folded down.

Bumper protector

Has anyone installed the factory bumper protector?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        We went today and drove it. The wife loved it. So, she got a new whip. Has all of the features she wanted. White tri coat metallic, black leather with second row buckets, etc.

Sherman?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Sherman?
                          Yessir, we stopped at Texas Roadhouse in Sherman on the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

Floor mats

Is anyone using weather tech's in their explorer? Right now, I'm thinking weather techs in the front and second row and then picking up a Ford mat that goes in the little well under the third row, and a protector mat for when third row is folded down.
                            I have weather techs in my Suburban front to rear. Worth every nickel. I cant speak to the fit in an explorer, but my last 2 vehicles had weather techs and they both fit great. I highly recommend it, especially in the back if you have kids.

Comment

Does anyone have a bumper protector installed at the back bumper? If so, what did you buy? I'm more concerned with the leading edge than I am the top surface. I'm thinking a clear bra might be a better option in that area.

Comment

Working...
                              X