No announcement yet.

4bangen's 72 Rivi FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are your parts purchasing ideas influenced by this Gearz episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV0TPHg1aXw

As a guy who has a decade(s) old project in their garage I agree with the majority to get it running with stock stuff and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by scott442 View Post
      Are your parts purchasing ideas influenced by this Gearz episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV0TPHg1aXw

As a guy who has a decade(s) old project in their garage I agree with the majority to get it running with stock stuff and enjoy it.
      nope, I actually just saw that on youtube last night. lol

Comment

I just think cam and an intake would pep it up without taking me past the blow the motor up again point. I think around 500hp would be my perfect number for this car.

Comment

I got off work yesterday and rushed home to start wrenching. Got the power steering mounted, filled, and the bells back on. I topped the radiator off and pulled out of the drive way. Then it died. I pulled back to the driveway and swapped fuel filters. Then I set sail. I took the car to a local car meet and back with no further issues. She's got a lot of work left to do, but just to drive it again is damned amazing. I'm over the moon about it.

Comment

sweet!
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That's awesome man. In the spirit of "jack stands kill dreams", it's all down hill from here. Keep driving it!

Comment

That thing really needs a bumper.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  That's awesome man. In the spirit of "jack stands kill dreams", it's all down hill from here. Keep driving it!
                  Thanks bud, today O ordered a window motor and some window bushings so all that can be functional. Cosmetically for now all I'm planning is swapping out the busted up grill for the good one I have, and I need to find a new bumper that isn't a small fortune.
                  Then I'm going to have to dig into the electrical. After that I'm going under the hood to make it look like new. But mainly for right now, I just want to drive the damn thing. lol

We are going to another small car meet on the Denton square this Sunday. It will be the first thing the wife and I go to with this car.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    That thing really needs a bumper.
                    I've only found one so far, its not that great and almost $400.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      i've only found one so far, its not that great and almost $400.
                      ouch!

Comment

I’m glad Gas Monkey was able to inspire you bro

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I’m glad Gas Monkey was able to inspire you bro
                            kindly go fuck yourself! lol
                            Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                            hahahahaha, hey maybe they can sell me their oe bumper, no thats right they are being original and cutting it like every other custom rivi.

Comment

What a great weekend with the car!
                              Started out Saturday morning at a small car show in Denton to celebrate the grand opening of Excalibur Muffler's new location. Not a lot of cars, but some real nice ones. The buick was a big hit, even as filthy as it was with the trashed grill missing bumper., and one window that won't go down.
                              After that I went home and replaced the grill, got the drivers window down and called it a day.
                              Sunday morning I took it to another small meet up on the Square. This is a new group and don't have a big turnout yet, but once again the quality of the cars was real nice. The buick again got a fair amount of attention. I also made some local Buick connections, so that was cool.
                              After the cars all went their own way, I found myself not ready to put the riv away. So I swung by a buddies house to show off the car. Turns out it was a good thing I did, because I ran out of gas right as I went to leave. He ran me to my house to grab a gas can and all was well. The car has really got me thinking about the future, I'm hunting for a good front bumper, and I've ordered the window parts to get them all working right. After that I have to get some electrical bugs worked out and get the A/C going. I need tires as well. Then I have some hard choices to make. I have 5 cars right now, and it's a huge pain since they all run for the first time. My Kid will be driving in the next few years and will be needing a car as well. I really can't have six cars! The fact is I'm going to have to get rid of something, but I'm extremely happy with all the cars I have. The The mustangs are our daily drivers, the van is a 3/4 ton and was so cheap it was practicly free, and it's dead nuts reliable and great for RC trips and just hauling crap around. The ranger is so close to being exactly what I want it to be and is fun as hell to beat on. I'm not sure I'd be the same person without it. and the Buick was my grandpa's and the first car I ever drove. I don't even know man, it tough...

anyway, here's some pictures from the weekend.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X