Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of flush mount truck tool box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have UWS low profile in both my trucks.. They work great. I'm going to switch to a weather guard chest style in my daily but solely so I can use my kayak rack that attaches to the bed rails.

If you are going to spend $300 I say UWS and if you are ever in the metro-mess Earl Owen has good sales on UWS and weatherguard.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
      I like the Weathergaurd but on some things I am a cheap ass and its hard to justify $700 for a box I can get for under $300 in Husky or DeeZee.
      My Dad has a WG that is at least 15 years old and still works very well. I think he had to replace the interior seals once but otherwise it is great. A home improvement store one I bought and barely used works, but not as well as his does and now is used for storage under a shelf.

I hear what you're saying, but if you shop hard I bet you can find a good deal on a WG and get the best of both worlds.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have this one you can take for $75. It didn't have a key when we got it (auction truck), so it'll need a new lock.

Here's Weatherguard's low profile box.

Retails for over $900, I'll sell it to DFWM for $699.

You could also get a BAKflip G2 locking bedcover, and then attach this box.

BAKflip G2, $799.88 installed
        Tool box, $289

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post

Tool box, $289

I switch over from a tool box to a backflip a few years ago and haven't looked back. I've got a a milk crate in the bed to hold jumper cables, straps, hammer, etc. Then a small toolbox with hand tools, tape, hose clamps and stuff and a socket/wrench set under the back seat of my truck.

Comment

I have the Roll n Lock topper, and I love it. I also have the Under Cover Swing Case boxes over each wheel well. The Swing Cases were awesome at first, but I found out pretty quickly that if you do any aggressive off-roading, they will yank the mounting bolts right out of the bed. I plan to mess with them and try to beef up the mounts, but for now I just have them strapped in. If you don't bang your truck around off-road, they should be fine, and they are great for holding stuff and very easy to access at the back of the truck. They also can be taken out pretty easily when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              The Swing Cases were awesome at first, but I found out pretty quickly that if you do any aggressive off-roading, they will yank the mounting bolts right out of the bed.
              I wouldn't expect anything less from Ole Henry...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I also just ordered bed rail caps to help keep the lip from getting scratched up.
                where did you order the rail caps from?

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  I wouldn't expect anything less from Ole Henry...
                  Ha! I didn't think you had Facebook!?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    Ha! I didn't think you had Facebook!?
                    I don't, but I see EVERYTHING...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                      where did you order the rail caps from?
                      I ordered the Wade "Smooth" caps from Ebay.
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                        I have this one you can take for $75. It didn't have a key when we got it (auction truck), so it'll need a new lock.

Here's Weatherguard's low profile box.

Retails for over $900, I'll sell it to DFWM for $699.

Tool box, $289

I love the backflip system and have a couple buddies that their company uses them on fleet trucks and said they are the best ones they have seen but thats a whole lot of money.
                        I do like that low profile Weathergaurd though. Argh. If you were near me I would probably just say fuck it and do it.

Actually i just ordered some 2014 Denali wheels for my truck I have to pick up in Dallas, maybe I will just say fuck it. lol
                        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Look at the RKI M series .

Comment

I love the backflip system and have a couple buddies that their company uses them on fleet trucks and said they are the best ones they have seen but thats a whole lot of money.
                            I do like that low profile Weathergaurd though. Argh. If you were near me I would probably just say fuck it and do it.

Actually i just ordered some 2014 Denali wheels for my truck I have to pick up in Dallas, maybe I will just say fuck it. lol
                            Wish I had known you were looking. We just sold a set of Denali's last week.

Comment

I specifically want the 2014 Denali wheels. The 2015 version is too blocky for me. I have the base 09 wheels and hate them.
                              I like these:

Comment

Well, ours were black. It's one of the best wheels GM has made in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X