jeep salesfolk???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GE View Post

When I was looking at a couple of places last year to do some work, I had exchanged messages with him. He was going to get back to me with prices but he disappeared.

Sounds like you may have gotten caught up in the move. That is not typically characteristic of Jeff. I've never had an issue with responses, but I've known him since Kindergarten.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
      Shoulda gotten a TrackHawk! :P
      Last I saw for the V8 at least, the blowers were still a couple of model years back. Not sure if they work on current stuff, or if they even have something for a V6.

When I was looking at a couple of places last year to do some work, I had exchanged messages with him. He was going to get back to me with prices but he disappeared.

If anyone is still looking, I went with Wayne Kramer at Huffines Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge in Plano. His mobile is 214-906-4355.

The folks at Richardson were jackasses. Chick kept trying for hard line to get me to come in and kept pressing for me to setup a time to meet. I never called her back, then she popped back up on the radar and I gave her #'s that I was looking for that Huffines was it. She said they'd be able to match or beat it, never heard back from the idiot. Then some other idiot called with the usual sales pitch to get me in and it was obvious he hadn't looked that this chick had been calling me. I let them have it about how idiotic they were. Then some manager called later to find out wtf happened but by then it was too late and they lost the sale. Fuck them bitches, I'll never go to Richardson Chrysler Jeep Dodge.
      I enjoyed it when Waxahachie Nissan called me to offer a better price on their demo Platinum Murano, and I was driving home from Trophy who had beat there deals on one off the train. It was a great conversation. I also got all the maintenance added so Waxahachie gets to service it. I won't lie though they were quick on the oil change and even washed it last time I was in.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Somebody talk about the disadvantages of a long arm suspension. If there are any.
        WH

Comment

Somebody talk about the disadvantages of a long arm suspension. If there are any. Everyone says "choose carefully!!" but then they say long arm is so much better than stock/short arm.
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            El Guapo's - it's south of the square on Elm (and Locust)
            It closed last year or the year before last
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Somebody talk about the disadvantages of a long arm suspension. If there are any. Everyone says "choose carefully!!" but then they say long arm is so much better than stock/short arm.
              Roofing Business Slow Today???

Long Arms> Short Arms. Geometry, the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                I'm more interested in the diesel.. Almost 450 ft lbs of torque from the factory!
                That's what I'm talking about. Finally a factory diesel Jeep in the US.

Comment

Unlike what a lot of girls tell you, size DOES matter ;-)

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                    Roofing Business Slow Today???

For off roading yea, no brainer. They also say they're better for on road as well, as they ride nicer. So what's the catch? Something wears out faster? Pain in the ass to work on? Gotta be something.
                    WH

Comment

After buying my grand Cherokee, noticed the handling is not so great when you hit dips. Jeep sways a bit and have seen aftermarket sway bar made. Before I go up to a jeep dealer, can I bring in parts for them to replace or should I go to some shop.

Comment

For off roading yea, no brainer. They also say they're better for on road as well, as they ride nicer. So what's the catch? Something wears out faster? Pain in the ass to work on? Gotta be something.
                        Long arm offers minimal if any noticable on road performance. Offroad it has its perks, but they aren't so astronomical that it makes it worth it unless you are going to try and really use the jeep on some hard trails.

You will see the term "mid arm" as well and this is basically snake oil as they are just slightly longer short arms.

Just google the exact question that you have short arm vs long arm and you will get more info and technical jargon about it than you ever care to read.

You can accomplish a hell of a lot with a short arm lift and its vastly less involved to install.

The main catch is cost and complexity with install as it requires alternate brackets for the arms welded on / old ones ground off, etc...

Comment

I had a 4” short arm lift (stock arms) on a 2000 grand Cherokee. It road much stiffer then stock. If it’s a daily driver I would only do a long arm.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                            I had a 4” short arm lift (stock arms) on a 2000 grand Cherokee. It road much stiffer then stock. If it’s a daily driver I would only do a long arm.
                            You cant blame that on the arms.... when you did that did you change tires as well? What springs and shocks? The arms have shit to do with ride stiffness.

People just hear the term "long arm" and lose their minds when they have zero idea on how all the components actually work together.

If you buy a cheap lift like zone, rough cuntry, Rancho, or any of the other lower tier brands you will get shit quality rough riding springs and shocks. Combine that with a taller offroad / mud tire that typically has more plies and thicker sidewalls for puncture resistance and what the fuck do you think is going to happen to the ride quality? You think "long arms" are going to fix that?

Most out of the box lifts dont come with everything you actually need to lift a jeep properly. Unless you spend some real bucks you will be shorted something important to get a good riding and handling vehicle. Also if you do long arms and dont do coil overs when you do it then you are negating a large percentage of the mild benefit of the long arms in the first place.

The problem is most people are new and dont take the time to really understand what they are buying or what they need when lifting a jeep. Then they get a rough riding, bump steering, no castor having, flighty, shit driving vehicle and say.... " I shoulda got long arms" when the problem is that they set up their short arms like shit in the first place.
                            Last edited by inline 6; 06-26-2018, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                              You cant blame that on the arms.... when you did that did you change tires as well? What springs and shocks? The arms have shit to do with ride stiffness.

People just hear the term "long arm" and lose their minds when they have zero idea on how all the components actually work together.

If you buy a cheap lift like zone, rough cuntry, Rancho, or any of the other lower tier brands you will get shit quality rough riding springs and shocks. Combine that with a taller offroad / mud tire that typically has more plies and thicker sidewalls for puncture resistance and what the fuck do you think is going to happen to the ride quality? You think "long arms" are going to fix that?

Most out of the box lifts dont come with everything you actually need to lift a jeep properly. Unless you spend some real bucks you will be shorted something important to get a good riding and handling vehicle. Also if you do long arms and dont do coil overs when you do it then you are negating a large percentage of the mild benefit of the long arms in the first place.

The problem is most people are new and dont take the time to really understand what they are buying or what they need when lifting a jeep. Then they get a rough riding, bump steering, no castor having, flighty, shit driving vehicle and say.... " I shoulda got long arms" when the problem is that they set up their short arms like shit in the first place.

They sure do look cool at stop lights and sitting in mall parking lots though!

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post

Sure about that? I’m not an expert on the matter by any means. It’s just what I’ve read on the Jeep forums. Short arms geometry gets out of wack when lifted. So when you hit a bump the axle has to physically go aft and up at the same time. This creates a stiffer ride. The ride wasn’t unbearable. It had just regular street all terrains. It was a zone 4” lift but I opted for the better shocks. I sold that bitch about a month after I installed the lift. An 18 year old gave me a stupid offer. I own an xterra now.

Comment

Working...
                                X