Where do I get a cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I get a cat?

I've never owned a cat and I have no idea where to look for one.

We have a rat problem. We're on 5.5 acres in town and several people in our neighborhood have a rat problem as well. We've been combating the rats for a while but it's damned near a losing battle so we've decided to bring in reinforcements in the form of a cat.

I'm hoping a few of you might be cat people or at least know where I should look. I don't really think just grabbing some random cat on craigslist is a good idea. Fuck the animal shelter - someone grabbed my dog out of my neighbor's front yard a few weeks ago and the animal shelter made me feel like a criminal over the whole ordeal.

We've got 5 kids (10 years to 11 months) and I don't want some wild ass cat that's going to destroy them or my house. I also have a 14 year old Golden Retriever so it would help if the cat is not dog crazy. Any thoughts on where to start?

well you want something semi feral that will hunt, but not try to kill you or your family in your sleep...yeah good luck with that...fuck cats...
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Just get rat poison, fuck cats.

Comment

Rat Terriers do a better job and won't piss all over the house.

Comment

The Denton County Animal Shelter is always adopting out barn cats. You just have to build them a little dog house type thing and you'd be golden. They stay outside and your house won't smell like the lunch rush at Luby's.

Comment

lol @ the feline haters.

If you can get a rescue cat, they will live outside comfortably, you can just feed them dry food and water and they will hardly eat it because they will be munching on rats and mice most of the time, but they take you feeding them as their sanctuary and eat some of the food. You don't even have to let them indoors, leave the garage door open with a small town or bedding and they will sleep during the day and kill shit at night.
            Just having the cat live on the premises will keep the rats and mice away, they can smell a cat a mile away. Have your neigbors do the same, just make sure the cats are spaded or you and your neighbors will have too many.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Get them Cats fixed or you'll be like Old Ellis, haha!
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  lol @ the feline haters.

If you can get a rescue cat, they will live outside comfortably, you can just feed them dry food and water and they will hardly eat it because they will be munching on rats and mice most of the time, but they take you feeding them as their sanctuary and eat some of the food. You don't even have to let them indoors, leave the garage door open with a small town or bedding and they will sleep during the day and kill shit at night.
                  Just having the cat live on the premises will keep the rats and mice away, they can smell a cat a mile away. Have your neigbors do the same, just make sure the cats are spaded or you and your neighbors will have too many.
                  Don't forget the other pests they keep away: field mice, snakes, voles, moles, etc. etc.

Comment

Only 3G's? I'm about to have me some lynxes all up in this mother fucking apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      Only 3G's? I'm about to have me some lynxes all up in this mother fucking apartment.
                      Make sure to get one in the same coloring's as your cow skin rugs...

Comment

Forget the cat, get an owl! We had a couple in the neighborhood I build in. We had to clean up rat carcasses daily!

Most have covered everything on the cat situation. You typically don't want to adopt from someone trying to get rid of cats, they are going to be more, house cat, than barn cat. Any cat that I've ever had that was good at hunting, was not so good at interacting with humans, or being inside.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Make sure to get one in the same coloring's as your cow skin rugs...
                          Shit, I'm still rocking your old rug.

Comment

In honor of the forum.....you already have 5 kids. You have apparently abused the cat already. You don’t need another one!

Comment

My stupid neighbor next-door has like a fucking zoo in this backyard has 50,000 chickens and all kinds of animals and shit. And I’m noticing a shit load of field rats coming around my house from his. I actually stole/ rescued a couple of wild feral cats I saw last month and those damn things get lazy. I regret killing that big ass Texas rat snake i found a few years ago in my yard.
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X