Aikman needs to STFU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
    That's a giant can of worms. Sure playing in the NFL isn't as dangerous as mining, but think about the trickle down effects of the NFL's decisions vs the trickle down effects of a coal mining company's decision.

NFL implements new concussion protocol, rules regarding helmet-on-helmet hits, etc, etc, etc and that will end up affecting not only the NFL, but NCAA, high school, middle school, and even the youngest players out there. All in an effort to stop CTE before too much damage is done.

A coal mining company implements a change to help cut its long-term care costs for black lung. Can you point out one person, outside of a direct mine worker, who that affects? Or show me an example of kids on the playground playing lumberjack, and suffering the associated injuries, because that's what they want to be when they grow up? I know I've never seen a kid play "deep sea fisherman" but I've sure seen them play football. Broken bones heal, but brain injuries may not - we don't know enough yet - so this is a shit comparison.

Look at Aaron Hernandez. He was an example of one of the "most severe cases CTE ever found in a person his age." You think that came from playing racquetball in college? Or playing hopscotch in high school? It developed over a lifetime of emulating the people he watched on TV that he dreamed of growing up to be. Sure, he had genetic markers that might have made him more susceptible, but who's testing for that before death? You see one hit on TV and hear one comment and get twisted, but there's been a lifetime of that behind the scenes also, and it all adds up.

tl;dr: Aikman has been there. He spent his life getting pummeled, concussed... beat the fuck up by those same guys. No matter what he says, he has more of a dog in the fight than the OP here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      tl;dr: Aikman has been there. He spent his life getting pummeled, concussed... beat the fuck up by those same guys. No matter what he says, he has more of a dog in the fight than the OP here.
      And the more I hear him whine the more I'm okay with Arrington leveling him. God forbid Aikman watch a Rugby or LaCrosse game. Might be too much for his delicate senses. Won't be long before they start playing in a rubber arena where players can be suspended or fined for giving a dirty look.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
        I will say they are as well, every player knows there's a possibility of this. as others have said, its a contact sport.

As far as NASCAR, you play that game, you assume the risk of dying in a car crash, you assume the risk of someone purposely putting you in the wall, could lead to being maimed or death. No matter what sport, hobby or decision you make, there's repercussions and decisions that you and others make that can affect your life, thats just life.
        That has absolutely nothing to do with Aikman complaining of a dirty hit and him being justified in doing so.

What is with all you window lickers and your straw man arguments? Is it even possible to stay on topic for y'all?
        Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 12-05-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Does this mean you have no problem with that hit, or was this a feeble attempt at.... something?
          A dirty hit is a dirty hit. The rules are put in place to protect all players, not just offensive players.

Comment

And the more I hear him whine the more I'm okay with Arrington leveling him. God forbid Aikman watch a Rugby or LaCrosse game. Might be too much for his delicate senses. Won't be long before they start playing in a rubber arena where players can be suspended or fined for giving a dirty look.
            Rugby has stricter tackling rules...even your deflection arguments are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              A dirty hit is a dirty hit. The rules are put in place to protect all players, not just offensive players.
              Your point is ridiculously weak, and this isn't even about a "dirty hit" per se as it is Aikman's weak constitution to take to social media and bitch about a play where the sorry bastard injured himself in a contact sport. You want to start a topic of dirty hits then knock yourself out.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Rugby has stricter tackling rules...even your deflection arguments are wrong.
              You take yourself far too seriously and aren't smart enough to troll this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                Getting hurt during normal play and getting hurt on a dirty hit are not the same thing....
                They are...
                Your point is ridiculously weak, and this isn't even about a "dirty hit" per se as it is Aikman's weak constitution to take to social media and bitch about a play where the sorry bastard injured himself in a contact sport. You want to start a topic of dirty hits then knock yourself out.
                Didn't you just say getting hurt during normal play and getting hurt on a dirty hit are the same thing? Seems like you have something against Troy speaking about the subject on social media.

Aikman's beef about this Frazier hit is that the injury didn't need to happen. Had he used better form (not led with his head down) he could've saved himself from injury.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  Didn't you just say getting hurt during normal play and getting hurt on a dirty hit are the same thing? Seems like you have something against Troy speaking about the subject on social media.
                  I did. With that said if an athlete is going to sign on to play a full contact sport then expect to get hurt- with a clean or dirty hit. Of course there should be penalties, fines, suspensions for dirty hits, but it's a part of the game and it isn't going to change unless they start making it less interesting for fans to watch all in the name of safety.
                  Aikman's beef about this Frazier hit is that the injury didn't need to happen. Had he used better form (not led with his head down) he could've saved himself from injury.
                  If that was his point he should work on his approach instead of whining how hard the game is to watch. It does get tiresome to listen to him bitch every time someone gives or receives a nasty hit.

Comment

He should work on his approach of his point instead of whining about how hard the game is to watch. It does get tiresome to listen to him bitch every time someone gives or receives a nasty hit.
                    I get where he is coming from though, don't you?

And I haven't noticed him bitching about injuries a whole lot, maybe I tune it out?

Comment

I got it when he started his tirades years ago. Is he a spokesperson for injuries suffered while playing in the NFL? That would make a whole lot more sense.

Comment

Let me get this straight...

It's acceptable for you to piss and moan about a commentator

But it's not acceptable for said commentator to voice his public opinion about the health and safety of the athletes?

Your mental fragility is more important than the players safety?

Comment

keep trying, fluffie.

Comment

keep trying, fluffie.
                            The sign of a defeated "man"

Comment

There is a difference between making a hard hit against a Receiver so that way he doesn't catch the ball. When it's clearly a hit towards the body. Just sometimes the defender doesn't expect the receiver's body to change a different direction.

It's another when a defender is clearly going in head first and going towards the helmet area. Im sorry but I didn't feel bad about Ju Ju laying out Brufitt last night. He's a dirty player and has a reputation of that and it's players like him that need to go.

One of the guys that handles the appeal's is Derrick Brooks. One of the best form tacklers in his day who also hit hard but not over the top.

Oh, the racing NASCAR jokes were funny. It's not like Kyle Busch missed nearly 3 months because of a broken foot in 2015 . Denny Hamlin missed several races with a fractured vertebra in 2013. Even Aric Almirola this season missed 4 races because of a fractured vertebra.

So NASCAR isn't 100 percent safe, but a lot safer than it was 10 to 15 years ago thanks to the safer wall and the car itself compared to lets say the car that Earnhardt was in at Daytona in 2001.
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

I've been saying for years that they need to add 1-2" of quality padding to the outside of the helmets. With today's technology, I know they could do it without adding any significant weight. Sure, the players would look like bobbleheads, but that would just make it more entertaining to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X