Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming up on the search for Forrest anniversary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
        What was the story of What really happened to him? I am asking because I knew him, but I've never gotten a straight answer.

I still think the "accidental drowning" is pretty far fetched.
        WH

Comment

He and I talked a lot, and traveled around the country together for work for a solid half year. I still think about him on almost a regular basis. I can't go more than a day without seeing something that reminds me of him. The world is truly a darker place without him.

Comment

OK, but what the fuck happened to him?

Comment

I didn't know him personally other than the board, but I just figured it was suicide. That's why it was left ambiguous. No judgement on my end, but that was my assumption.
              Last edited by Shaggin Wagon; 07-09-2018, 03:11 PM. Reason: damn spelling again...

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                I didn't know him personally other than the board, but I just figured it was suicide. That's why is was left ambiguous. No judgement on my end, but that was my assumption.
                I almost need to believe that instead of him slipping in, struggling, and losing to nature.

Comment

He was open about his struggles with depression and alcohol, and I've personally seen that combo take a few lives. Either answer is just as tragic, and preventable.

Comment

I battled with wanting to know the answer for a long time, but the fact of the matter is that, ultimately, it doesn't matter. It sucks in any fashion, and there's nothing any of us could have done to prevent it. I miss my friend, and that's all that matters.

Comment

Doesn't make me feel any better, or worse. Or love him any less.

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                        Doesn't make me feel any better, or worse. Or love him any less.
                        I agree, entirely. It's just something I had to let go of, because the family deserves privacy if they want it. They don't owe me anything, Forrest didn't owe me anything. In fact, I owe Forrest a lot.

Comment

From what I know, I think it was accidental drowning. The sides of Chocolate Creek are steep, I think his dog slipped down the bank & fell in. Forrest went in to save the dog, he got the dog up on the bank, then slipped , maybe hit his head? When found, the dog was wet. Sometimes it’s just a simple accident.

Comment

If it was accidental then why the lack of explanation? IMO those who were friends of his deserve to know to help with closure.

Comment

It was accidental. Bayous are deceptively dangerous because the current in them at the bottom can be much faster than at the top. Healthy grown adults drown regularly in the one by my grandmother's in Louisiana. They slip trying to fight the current, then get caught on a tree branch or something under water, panic, and drown.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will really ever know for sure, mainly because nobody witnessed it. Even being there helping, there was a lot of bad information going around, and trying to piece together a lot of little bits (some of questionable accuracy).

Based on all of the conversations I was involved in and overheard, and what I saw and heard personally, I don't think it was suicide and believe that it was accidental, but that is just my opinion. Any more than that would just be speculation and gossip on my part, and not something I think needs to be memorialized here.

Comment

Working...
                                X