No announcement yet.

Good pricing on armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think for the price, they aren't too shabby, definately better than nothing.

Comment

Here is mine:

profile of molded ceramic plate
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

those are good prices

these guys have done some group buys on arf
        Spartan Armor Systems is a ballistic body armor manufacturer and tactical gear supplier. We work to provide quality threat protection at an affordable price.

they also have some videos of tests

Comment

I think I'll be upgrading plates, those look nice! Are they toast after one hit?

Ordered for the family, got an email today saying that they are ten freaking weeks out, due to the "extremely high volumes being ordered". Wow. In that these don't look to be 'military grade' vests, there must be a shitload of civilians ordering these things...
          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Not to hijack this thread, but can anyone recommend a good molle style vest or chest rig? I'd like to have a plate carrier but I know those cost big bucks. I'm looking for something I could throw on in a quick pinch if SHTF and I need to bail out somewhere. Mostly interested in being able to carry mutiple AR mags, knife, gps, radio, etc...
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Buy one of those plate carriers, loaded out with all the pouches? Then, if you decide later to get plates, you're already good to go...
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Getting ready for war I see

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Getting ready for war I see
                  Not me. I'm getting ready to hopefully keep my family safe.

The DHS, with their 7000 select fire "personal defense weapons", 2700 armored vehicles, two billion rounds of ammunition, and all the other bullshit, could be said to be getting ready for war...
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I was reading up on these the other day.
                    They don't seem too bad if you can't get your hand on a set of military ceramic plates instead (for cheap)
                    most of them are painting them with a couple layers of truck bed coating to reduce fragmentation

pros:
                    cheap
                    supposedly can take multiple hits better than ceramic (debatable how important this is)
                    can be dropped all you want, durable
                    thinner than ceramic (again, debatable on importance)

cons:
                    heavier than ceramic
                    needs a thick coating to reduce frag / spalling
                    some are flat, curved increases price of plate

personally I procured used military vests at great prices... .but I would try these if I wanted another set

Comment

Good stuff. My buddy runs a machine shop, so I have access to brakes and can likely contour these to some degree.

Anyone have an old plate that I can borrow to use as a curve template?
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                      X