Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFA just cashed my check, next year before stamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFA just cashed my check, next year before stamp?

Now that my check has cleared I am guessing it will be next year before I get my stamp. In the event legislation comes down between now and then does the fact that they have my $$$ mean anything? Will I get a refund if they pass AWB?

Did you look at the NFA tracker website?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That seems to be only information reported by users. I doubt anyone even if they sent their form in on the day of the school shooing has a stamp this quick. Take into consideration all the fear mongering and procrastinators like myself who waited until after all that to send their forms away. I am betting their work load increased 1000% if not more by all the people concerned with an AWB. It would have taken a 6 month average wait and made it a 1 year + wait for a stamp.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky you are that far along. My Suppressor is still waiting on transfer to Jeff at LTS...haven't even had a chance yet to send in my money!

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
          Consider yourself lucky you are that far along. My Suppressor is still waiting on transfer to Jeff at LTS...haven't even had a chance yet to send in my money!
          I am also waiting for my suppressor to be transferred to my FFL.

Comment

They cashed my check back on the 10th. Now it's just a waiting game.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
              I am also waiting for my suppressor to be transferred to my FFL.
              Jeff told me that process is taking between 3 and 4 months right now.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

The idea is as a legal transaction you supply all of the necessary requested documents and then you send payment. Once the government has cashed your payment, they are legally obligated to honor the arrangement, a check is a written and signed legal document. As long as you include in the memo section that the check is for a certain serial# or nfa transfer, you sign the amount over to the ATF, and the ATF then signs agreeing to the document and payment. So from a legal perspective they are already vested in the transaction. The amount of time it takes them to process that is irrelevant. Some people will argue once the check is cashed they already have a legally registered weapon, etc. Obviously that's up to interpretation, but from a legal standpoint you should be fine and I would not worry. If they haven't cashed the check then you don't have their acknowledgement of the transaction.
                Last edited by CJ; 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  The idea is as a legal transaction you supply all of the necessary requested documents and then you send payment. Once the government has cashed your payment, they are legally obligated to honor the arrangement, a check is a written and signed legal document. As long as you include in the memo section that the check is for a certain serial# or nfa transfer, you sign the amount over to the ATF, and the ATF then signs agreeing to the document and payment. So from a legal perspective they are already vested in the transaction. The amount of time it takes them to process that is irrelevant. Some people will argue once the check is cashed they already have a legally registered weapon, etc. Obviously that's up to interpretation, but from a legal standpoint you should be fine and I would not worry. If they haven't cashed the check than you don't have their acknowledgement of the transaction.
                  Since when does the Govt honor any type of agreements or go along with anything else that makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    Since when does the Govt honor any type of agreements or go along with anything else that makes sense?
                    I'm just citing law and legal contracts, we now have a monarchy so what we know might not mean shit of course.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

inline, when did you mail it off?

I mailed two Form 1s on the 17th of Jan and they have only signed for one (25th) and have not cashed either check yet.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post

I mailed two Form 1s on the 17th of Jan and they have only signed for one (25th) and have not cashed either check yet.
                        Thats out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          Thats out of the ordinary.
                          Scratch that, just logged into my checking account and both are cashed.

As soon as my check book gets here, I have another $200 burning a hole in my pocket for another stamp.......what shall it be? (Already have 3 suppressors and two Form 1s for SBR)
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I just got a stamp back(out of three I sent in) right at 6 month mark. Need to update NFA tracker.

The other two are for SBR's.
                            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

I know you said that they are already cashed but I think I sent them in around that same time maybe a couple days earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X