Microsoft SQL class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft SQL class?

Anyone know of any companies in the DFW that offer a SQL class locally? I use it to pull some database reporting now but only using queries already written for me. I would like to be able to write some of my own queries too, since our IT resources take weeks or months to write custom queries as needed.

Check CBT nuggets out. I wouldn't do any corporate training or computer learning center stuff like new horizons. Its a waste of money and you can learn more on your own.

Comment

Access or SQL Server?
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
        Check CBT nuggets out. I wouldn't do any corporate training or computer learning center stuff like new horizons. Its a waste of money and you can learn more on your own.
        The only reason I would consider something like New Horizons is that my company would likely pay for it. I did the Crystal Reporting class through them about 5 or 6 years ago and it was exactly what I needed. I would rather do something in a classroom setting than just getting a book or video, it better suits my learning style.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          Access or SQL Server?
          I use Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2008 (what has been provided to me by my employer).. And would like to learn how to write my own queries. So whatever that entails. No programming or anything.

I am a strong computer user, and learn fast, but other than that am not very tech savvy.

Comment

And to clarify, I don't give a rats ass about certifications and whatnot. I just want to be able to pull what info I need without having to wait for someone else to do it for me.

Comment

Try a tool like WinSQL and just practice- use some of the canned queries for examples that others developed.
              As long as you understand the DB schema it's not that hard.

Comment

New horizons will likely give ya the basics. If the company is paying for it and you can get a few days out of the office i'd go for it. If you were putting your own money down its not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                  Try a tool like WinSQL and just practice- use some of the canned queries for examples that others developed.
                  As long as you understand the DB schema it's not that hard.
                  Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

Comment

If you are using or planning to use Microsoft SQL Server in your enterprise environment, we can help your team with all aspects of the SQL Server database.

Never really had a bad GK class

This is a great place for Cisco training, just not sure about MS/SQL type training...

Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Did they give you a copy of the database? I hope it isn;t production.
                      2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Just got back from windows server 2012 administering and configuration at new horizons....by day 2 it was painful to be there

Comment

Originally posted by hunt4m3x View Post
                          Did they give you a copy of the database? I hope it isn;t production.
                          What could he break if he only has read access?
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

He could cause blocking if it is a high end implementation.
                            WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                              What could he break if he only has read access?
                              2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Working...
                              X