Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your responsibilities as a seller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    I haven't done too many gun sales, as I usually the buyer, however I did just sell my old pocket carry to a guy.

This was the first time I ever thought "what if this guy is a felon?". He didn't give me any vibes to think any ill will, but just curious what others thoughts were on this. I did get all of his info, but what, as private sellers, are the appropriate steps you should take for due diligence and risk mitigation?
    None. Not your responsibility.

Hand him gun, take cash.

If they do something stupid, you're not liable.

Comment

That dude did like shady.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
        Take money and walk away.
        This. If you don't have knowledge that they can't legally own a gun just sell it to em and carry on.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

sell to CHL'ers only

use a FFL

bill of sale

ask for their info

i will talk to them for a few minutes. ask for TX state ID & ask them if they are legally allowed to purchase. if i am comfortable, i will sell. if not, i walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Take money and walk away.
            This. Because that's what I want when I buy from someone.

Comment

Lots of good advice:
              Sell to only CHL holder
              Transfer on 4473 through FFL
              Signed sales document
              Copy of DL
              Follow your gut

The dude who the Decatur cops shot and killed, killed the Colorado man with a gun he purchased from an individual. Gun was traced back to seller, SHE was charged with straw purchse or some such.....can't find article right now. I do remember the article did not say if she knew the guy or not.

These days, I will ask for CHL. If no CHL, I will ask for DL copy and their signature on a hand written sales receipt that they will declare to me they are not a fellon and are legally allowed to own what I am selling. Yes, it will not hold up in court but it is a litmus test to see if they bug out. No speaky Englis no sale. Look like a gang banger, no sale. Look like meth head, no sale. Drives a old camaro, monte, el camino, no sale.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Lots of good advice:
                Sell to only CHL holder
                Transfer on 4473 through FFL
                Signed sales document
                Copy of DL
                Follow your gut

The dude who the Decatur cops shot and killed, killed the Colorado man with a gun he purchased from an individual. Gun was traced back to seller, SHE was charged with straw purchse or some such.....can't find article right now. I do remember the article did not say if she knew the guy or not.

These days, I will ask for CHL. If no CHL, I will ask for DL copy and their signature on a hand written sales receipt that they will declare to me they are not a fellon and are legally allowed to own what I am selling. Yes, it will not hold up in court but it is a litmus test to see if they bug out. No speaky Englis no sale. Look like a gang banger, no sale. Look like meth head, no sale. Drives a old camaro, monte, el camino, no sale.
                What about an f body?
                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Ben G View Post
                  What about an f body?
                  They need to text me pics of their wife's tits first
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    They need to text me pics of their wife's tits first
                    Lol
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Working...
                    X