Good pricing on armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good pricing on armor

Not sure if any of you guys are interested but these look to be priced pretty well...

AR500 Armor of Armored Republic manufactures body armor in Phoenix, AZ, and provides Tools of Liberty like body armor, plate carriers, and accessories.

Anyone else considered this stuff? Think it will ever be needed?
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Real men steal their IBA from the military.

Comment

That is just for the carrier. $210 for a carrier would not stand up to everyday wear. There is no fucking way I am wearing a $40-65 plate.

The real thing will run you $1,200-1,800 for entry level. My Eagle carrier (soft panel and plate) cost me $1,400 with two ceramic molded plates and soft panel kevlar. Level IVa.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Real men steal their IBA from the military.
        That is what we are issued now. Interceptor full kit. Pain in the ass.

Comment

Plywood is lighter than the plates, just sayin'

Comment

So that wouldn't be good for light duty, protecting the wife and kids?

In looking at their data they seem to stop most rounds. Didn't realize there were that many different levels, I guess...
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
              So that wouldn't be good for light duty, protecting the wife and kids?

In looking at their data they seem to stop most rounds. Didn't realize there were that many different levels, I guess...
              You would be better served with a kevlar panel in a soft shell vs their plate carrier and thin plate. The kevlar will give you bette coverage but get shot anywhere in it and you are out of the game, just not dead, maybe. The kevlar will trap the round but you are gonna feel like you got hit by a mack truck at 200mph. Get hit in the chest by your heart and lungs and you are gonna be fucked up for real. The movies portray body armor that the police wear as a Superman cape.

All above depends on the rd used of course.

If you just wanted a rig to hold your pistol, light, mags, cell phone to sit by your bed in the case the need arrised, I would still look at Eagle carriers or companies like SKD Tactical. MOST will not sell to civilians without a legitimate need. Even I had to provide a letter of intent and copy of my Government issued ID and a letter from my employer stating my duties.

I would study up on NIJ ratings for body armor and what stops what.

Comment

i think some simple armor like that would be just fine for most situations unless you are going to be in a war zone. it may not be the best vest on the market, but if it gives you a second chance, then it did its job
                May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                  i think some simple armor like that would be just fine for most situations unless you are going to be in a war zone. it may not be the best vest on the market, but if it gives you a second chance, then it did its job
                  I concede that Jester is right. I would look at soft kevlar panel behind a plate still.

Comment

Will do, now to find a source for the kevlar.

Chances are it will never be needed, was thinking more protective for my family than anything.
                    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                      Will do, now to find a source for the kevlar.

Chances are it will never be needed, was thinking more protective for my family than anything.

I can't even get to sites like that from my company network.....rediculous we are blocked because of "weapons or firearms".

Comment

Even with the rubber coatings used on those steel plates they will still throw fragments parallel to the impact surface. Many times this means into your arms, face, and neck. Even if they did not weigh a shit ton this is reason enough to not use them.

Comment

Thanks for the insight on that NC. And the link Keith.
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

If you buy used just be cautious. There a LOT of hot esapi plates on the market and the plates over time like to internally fracture. There supposed to e x rayed as part of their maintenance.

Pistol rounds aren't terribly hard to stop, its the rifle rounds you have to worry about. I've had a couple buddies take hits and both hit the ground and thought they were done for. One a 9mm and another 7.62x39. The 9mm didn't penetrate but the tip of the 7.62 made it through, both had plates in.

Comment

That's scary. Won't be buying used, will probably go ahead and order these. Better than a t shirt...
                              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                              X