Taurus revolvers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurus revolvers

Anyone have any good or bad things to say about a Taurus model 605 2" .357 magnum revolver? Picked on up that looks brand new at the Dallas gun show Saturday for $265 out the door. Seems like a well made gun in my hands.

You're going to get some elitist talking about the fucking junk you bought, how it's a piece of shit, and you're a contributing member to the fucking production of shitty firearms.

But, if it shoots, and is accurate for the 2" that it is, fuck it, it's a good purchase.
    sigpic

Comment

They are reliable and shoot decent groups at 7 yards.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I would only ever buy something from them that has far fewer moving parts than one of their semi-autos. If it shoots straight then no worries.

Comment

Shouldn't you have asked that question before you bought it?
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Shouldn't you have asked that question before you bought it?
            No because I wasn't honestly in the market for one but as we were on the last aisle and about to leave I saw it at the last table and thought the price was pretty low for a .357 so it became an impulse buy. Been kinda wanting a wheel gun for the safe/nightstand anyway so I figured what the heck.

Comment

I think it has a $100 rebate right now doesn’t it? Taurus revolvers typically have a better rep than the semi autos.
              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                I think it has a $100 rebate right now doesn’t it? Taurus revolvers typically have a better rep than the semi autos.
                I've got a Taurus Millennium pro .40 cal semi auto and aside from sights are a little off, I have nothing bad to say.

Comment

I have one of their 4" 44 magnum revolvers. pretty decent gun for the money and as accurate as one could expect from a magnum round in a 4" barrel at anything less than 50 feet. I would easily buy another one in .357 just to use up the ton of .357 an .38 special that is sitting in the ammo locker here at the house which I have no gun to shoot it with. For $265 you got a decent pocket gun for the summer carry in shorts or tool box gun.

Comment

Taurus revolvers

I just picked up a model 85 .38+p for $200 new at a gun show last week haven’t shot it yet but the trigger pull is great the gun looks and feels great I can’t find anything bad to say about it. Got it for carry cause it’s small lite and easy to hide. Did some digging after I got it and it actually has some great reviews on it. I’d like a 357 next probably going to get a performance center Smith I’ve had my eye on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                      I've got a Taurus Millennium pro .40 cal semi auto and aside from sights are a little off, I have nothing bad to say.
                      I have a few customers that really love those too for the price.
                      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                        I have a few customers that really love those too for the price.
                        It's not bad at all for the price. The straight 8 sights are craptastic. Basically a dot on the front sight and a dot on the rear sight, you're supposed to make an 8 out of them and aim just above it. With mine, that will send your shot down and right. Once I figured that out, it's fairly accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                          About a month ago I picked up a PT111 Millenium G2 9mm and have nothing bad to say about it. Shoots straight and is comfortable in the hand.

Comment

I think Taurus is trash, but most of their guns run. My thinking is I wouldn't trust my life to anything less than the best I can afford, and I can afford better than just about everything they make. If all I cared about was making one box's worth of bang bang noises at a berm and then cleaning it, reloading it, and ignoring it in a drawer or toolbox for the rest of my life, I would probably be fine with a Taurus. I'm not here to tell anyone else what to carry though. This is strictly my opinion.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                            X