Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 New rifle, thoughts on (this) scope and mount - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New rifle, thoughts on (this) scope and mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rifle, thoughts on (this) scope and mount

Bought a BCM MK 12 AR for Christmas and I'm looking to put a 1-6x or 8x scope on it. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to go with but I had some questions on it as well as looking for opinions.

Specs of the rifle here.

Bravo Company MFG makes the highest quality firearms that go through extensive quality control in order to be the best life-saving tool on the market.

Being my first variable power scope, I'm not looking at spending a "ton" of money on a scope but not wanting to buy junk either. My thought is that the money I don't spend on a scope now, I can spend on ammo and range time until I get better, more comfortable, and more willing to spend money on better quality glass.

So I'm looking at this 1-6x Primary Arms scopes. I have a fixed power PA scope with the same reticle on my 10/22 so I'm comfortable with it. I though about getting the -8x scope, but at over $100 more, I thought better of it since it's going against my cheaper to start theme.

DetailsAfter rigorous field testing, this optic has been given a Silver-tier rating by the National Tactical Officers Association.This Primary Arms rifle scope is part of the SLx optics line. SLx optics have built a reputation for innovation, reliability, and value. All SLx optics undergo rigorous field-testing during development to best serve you in any environment.The Primary Arms 1-6x24 second focal plane scope (Gen III) features the exclusive, patented Advanced Combined Sighting System reticle. Bullet drop compensation, wind holds, moving target leads and range estimation are seamlessly integrated into an easy to use, instinctive sighting system that is very fast from 0-300 yards and very accurate from 300-800 yards. The second focal plane design keeps the reticle the same size at all magnifications for quick acquisition at low power and advanced reticle functionality at 6x maximum power. This Scope is protected by the Primary Arms Lifetime Warranty. If a defect due to materials or workmanship, or even normal wear and tear, has caused your product to malfunction, Primary Arms will either repair or replace your product.Features:Silver-rated by the NTOA!Second Focal Plane ACSS reticle designed for 5.56/5.45/.308Includes manual for zeroing for your caliberChevron center provides infinitely small aiming pointBDC and ranging accurate at highest magnification setting1-6x total magnification rangeRed illuminated with 11 brightness settingsIncludes CR2032 batterySingle piece 6063 aluminum constructionWater and fog proofMore compact than older modelsHardcoat anodized matte blackScope caps includedLifetime warrantyThe flagship Gen II 1-6x24 is a tough act to follow, so Primary Arms worked hard to make incremental but real improvements. The Gen III is 18mm shorter (10.04in long), weighs 1.88 ounces less (16.9 oz. total), and has an additional 10 MOA of internal adjustment compared to the older model. The ACSSŪ reticle has also been improved, now featuring a chevron center aiming point rather than a dot. Partial red reticle illumination is provided by a single (included) CR2032 battery, and a spare battery is included inside the windage turret cap. A total of 11 settings take the reticle all the way up to daylight bright. All lenses are fully multicoated for maximum light transmission and the 6063 aluminum body is Type II hard anodized in matte black.See More

I've heard a lot of good things about this scope. Anyone else ever play around with it? Any other suggestions on a different scope with similar specs and price range I should look at?

Also looking at suggestion for scope mounts and of the ones that are offered by PA on the link above. Of the scope mounts offered by PA what would you go with? And looking at the American Defense mounts, what's the difference between the regular and Extended mounts? Is that just eye relief? With all the top rail space I have, does this even matter? And I see that the Recon has an extra cantilever throw compared to the Scout. I'm guessing that makes for a more secure mount?

Thanks for any opinions provided. And I have to include a gratuitous picture f the new rifle.

Guns R dangerous..you'll shoot your eye out Jose

Comment

I’ve got a vortex strike eagle 1-8x on my colt AR. I really like it. I used the vortex cantilever mounts. That scope is $450ish. They make the same scope in 1–6x for $350ish.

Comment

I have a Burris 1x4 that I like, have had it on 2 rifles and has never lost zero. It has an iluminated reticle, I think with scope mount I paid about $400 but that was 4 or 5 years ago. Cousin just picked up the primary arms 1x6 for 300blk but has yet to sight it in.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

All I run is Vortex!!!!!!!

Comment

I have an entire older Leupold 1-4 and it's nice but I'd go vortex 1-6 if i were you. It's very affordable compared to the rifle.

Comment

If that is the newest generation of their 1x6 it seems to be reviewing well. I have had three of their 4-14 FFP scopes and for the cost they are hard to beat. Excellent customer service and a Texas based company.

I have a 30mm PRI mount I would like go cheap if you wanted it. Fitting considering the companies relationship with the original issue rifles.

Comment

I just got a Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6 power and cantilever mount with an illuminated BDC reticle. It sounds to be exactly what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                  I just got a Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6 power and cantilever mount with an illuminated BDC reticle. It sounds to be exactly what you are looking for.
                  I expected better of you.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ouch! What i meant was : Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24.

Shameful!

Comment

Ouch! What i meant was : Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24.

Shameful!
                      Turrible!
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Got a link? Also what did you pay for it?

Comment

Here's PracTac's review of the Strike Eagle:

I'd see if you could shoot on a few scopes before buying. I like the brightness of the illuminated reticle of the Strike Eagle, but it is a bit busy. I can get a quicker sight picture on my Trijicon vs. the Strike Eagle, the eye box relief is noticeable... but it's in a different price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            Got a link? Also what did you pay for it?
                            Optics planet had a good deal in December for the Strike Eagle and Cantilever mount for under 300 with a coupon code.

Comment

Optics planet had a good deal in December for the Strike Eagle and Cantilever mount for under 300 with a coupon code.
                              I think GE sent me that one and I missed out on it when I didn't look at it right away.

Either way, this will be on the back burner for a month or so

Comment

Working...
                              X