Fishing boat ran over by larger boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing boat ran over by larger boat

A fisherman who jumped ship into bone-chilling water to dodge a speeding motorboat has filed a $372,500 lawsuit, alleging the other driver was distracted by his cellphone just before the dramatic c…

A fisherman who jumped ship into bone-chilling water to dodge a speeding motorboat has filed a $372,500 lawsuit, alleging the other driver was distracted by his cellphone just before the dramatic crash caught on video.

Bryan Maess filed the suit earlier this month against Marlin Lee Larsen, 75, over the Aug. 12 crash near the mouth of the Columbia River and the Pacific Ocean, the Oregonian reports.

A GoPro camera mounted to Maess’ 20-foot fishing boat captured the chaos in the seconds before Larsen’s 31-foot motorboat crashes into the smaller, stationary vessel. A passenger on Maess’ boat frantically waves his arms and repeatedly screams “Hey!” in a desperate attempt to get the driver’s attention.

“Oh my God,” another passenger screams just before the trio leap into the chilly water.

The video — which was later posted to Facebook — shows the moment the speeding motorboat plows into Maess’ fishing vessel.

Deputies in Clatsop County and the US Coast Guard responded to the crash in the Columbia River near Tansy Point and found significant damage to the fishing boat. Maess and his two passengers, Christopher McMahon and Roni Durham, managed to jump from the fishing boat just before the crash and were later treated for non-life

goodluck getting paid from that lawsuit

Comment

I would say the small boat held up pretty well considering the size of the other one.

Comment

Guess is he had it on whatever they call the auto pilot and was 100% not looking.

Never that big of a boat, but almost had a sailboat plow through me on Texoma - took off with 5 lines in the water and all. Sailboats always have the right of way, 'cept when stationary and fishing.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

should get his license taken away for that shit.

Comment

Jumping in the water up there is no joke. My step brother whom I have only spoken to a hand full of times in the past 28 years that my dad has been married to his mom was in the Coast Guard up there and told me a story when he first got out. They were in Puget Sound on a patrol and got a call about a small boat that overturned in the water. He was able to see the boat through binoculars once he knew to look for it and they were next to it within 15-20 minutes. In that short time frame the 3 people who were in the boat had all died from hypothermia.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
            X