Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming up on the search for Forrest anniversary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming up on the search for Forrest anniversary.

I miss that sum bitch.

You and me both. I still find myself absent-mindedly trying to send text to him occasionally.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

David

Comment

Dude had some wisdom. His philosophy on socks actually changed my mornings. Wish I got to meet in person.

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
          Dude had some wisdom. His philosophy on socks actually changed my mornings. Wish I got to meet in person.
          Lmmfao! I thought about that just the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by orphan Shelby View Post
            Do share this knowledge
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

What was the story of What really happened to him? I am asking because I knew him, but I've never gotten a straight answer. And I am asking because I knew him..

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by 93LXHORSE; 07-05-2018, 04:45 AM.

Comment

I will give you my rundown tomorrow when I am sober. [/B]
                Originally posted by 93LXHORSE
                And I'm asking because I knew him.

Comment

I think he made a real impact on everyone he met. Few people do that.

Comment

Had a couple drinks too,but there was just a random thread that he brought up having just 1 style of socks. Not 3 or 4 types that you have to take time to match up and mess up that morning flow. Basically simplify stuff.
                    Here's where it got bad. I told my girlfriend that's why I was ditching all my socks. And was rocking the simple sock thing for several months. Then came Xmas and received several "unique" pairs of socks. So yeah,now my mornings got cluttered up again . Probably only entertaining to me though...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      I think he made a real impact on everyone he met. Few people do that.
                      Agreed. He's one of those guys where every single memory I have of him is fun, positive, hilarious, or uplifting.

My first exposure to the power of a well tuned diesel was riding shotgun in one of his white single cab 12 valves on 635 and fuuuuucking up some civics that wanted to play. Here I am however many years later and my entire career is built on diesel technology in some form or another.

And I'll still never forget way back when I mounted the tires for his lifted Fairmont wagon and how happy he was the whole time

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Agreed. He's one of those guys where every single memory I have of him is fun, positive, hilarious, or uplifting.

My first exposure to the power of a well tuned diesel was riding shotgun in one of his white single cab 12 valves on 635 and fuuuuucking up some civics that wanted to play. Here I am however many years later and my entire career is built on diesel technology in some form or another.

And I'll still never forget way back when I mounted the tires for his lifted Fairmont wagon and how happy he was the whole time
                        Oh yeah, that truck would move out once he got it rolling.

I recall his friend driving the 4×4 wagon, I really liked that one.

Comment

Also, Texas Equusearch was a big part of that whole process. I read this last month and it really hit me hard and made me think about all the time, manpower, etc that went into finding him. This is some backstory on Tim Miller, the founder of Equusearch, and why he's so passionate.

Tim Miller can find almost anyone. Can he find his daughter’s killer?

Texans have a habit of taking matters into their own hands, and Tim Miller is one of them.

One day in 1994, Miller drove to the home of Robert Abel, a quiet, retired Nasa engineer. He confronted Abel outside his house. They started arguing. Miller drew a .357 revolver. He held the gun to Abel’s head and demanded he confess to being a serial killer.

As Miller stared down the barrel, he thought Abel’s face was strangely impassive. Suddenly, he felt the anger flush from his body. He decided not to pull the trigger, for, he later claimed, two reasons: if Abel really were a serial killer, killing him would end the possibility of identifying his other victims and bringing closure to their families. And if Abel really were some kind of psychopath, devoid of conscience and incapable of remorse, then killing him would serve no real justice.

With that, Miller walked away. He broke down weeping, drove to a hospital and checked himself into the psychiatric ward. By the time he emerged, 10 days later, he knew he couldn’t go on as he was. He had to channel his grief more productively.

His mission, however, wasn’t over.
                          etc, etc, go read.

Comment

I remember the wagon, I thought it and the mail truck were the coolest cars at the street races way back when.
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

I remember receiving an education the night at the street races when he pulled up in a wagon and I had no idea what was in it... Thought for sure my 5.0 coupe could drag his ass, lost...

His younger twin siblings, Curtis and Molly, were in my classes all through school and I graduated with them. He was in my older sister's graduating class at Pearce. I sent him a message years ago on this board asking if he was the same Forrest I remembered and had twin siblings then learned that Curtis had already passed, that one hit me hard too. A great family all around and I feel really bad for Molly having lost both brothers so young.
                              Originally posted by stevo
                              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X