Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming up on the search for Forrest anniversary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    It was accidental. Bayous are deceptively dangerous because the current in them at the bottom can be much faster than at the top. Healthy grown adults drown regularly in the one by my grandmother's in Louisiana. They slip trying to fight the current, then get caught on a tree branch or something under water, panic, and drown.
    I was helping a team breaking up snags and debris trapped downstream from where he lived and this is definitely true. The mud was extremely slick and deep in some places too, and was hard to get out from. In one spot we could see a couple large branches on the surface and started pulling them apart to release them, and there was way more under the water surface that was trapped, but couldn't see at all.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      It was accidental.
      Didn't he leave his phone behind, laptop HD's missing and called someone over to watch his kid when he went out for the last time?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        I still think the "accidental drowning" is pretty far fetched.
        Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        If it was accidental then why the lack of explanation? IMO those who were friends of his deserve to know to help with closure.
        Didn't he leave his phone behind, laptop HD's missing and called someone over to watch his kid when he went out for the last time?
        You two mofos are the only ones wanting to know what happened and what needs to said or done to bring closure. Guess what, if you were a true friend of Forrest and cared your about his family and friends you would shut the fuck up about it.
        No one really knows what happened and if something other than an accident did happen, does it really matter. A real friend to many tragically died in an accidental drowning and that's all I need to know. Now you two morons stop fucking up this thread with bullshit.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          You two mofos are the only ones wanting to know what happened and what needs to said or done to bring closure.
          Oh?
          Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
          OK, but what the fuck happened to him?
          No reason to get all overly dramatic. Guaranteed there are others who thinking what has been expressed, but would rather not say because of hysterical responses like yours. It's not wrong to be curious. Grief processes vary between people. Also, nowhere am I saying I need to know, but others may want to who were friends of his. All I am saying is I fully believe they deserve to know.

Comment

Oh?

No reason to get all overly dramatic. Guaranteed there are others who thinking what has been expressed, but would rather not say because of hysterical responses like yours. It's not wrong to be curious. Grief processes vary between people. Also, nowhere am I saying I need to know, but others may want to who were friends of his. All I am saying is I fully believe they deserve to know.
            If they 'deserve' it then that means someone 'owes' it to them.. Tell me, who is it that owes that to them? Is it the responsibility of the family to go around to every possible friend of his, to fill them on on what all they know? Is it a member, or members here that owe it? If so, why? Who decided that they are the ones responsible for filling everyone in?

The problem is that it's easy for the peanut gallery to jump in saying that people 'deserve' information, but those of us that know anything, don't really 'know' much. We know when he disappeared, when he was last seen, and a few other details, but the rest has only been speculation based on unreliable information passed on a number of times, which we all know is prone to misinterpretation.

So what's the point? It's like watching the news for hours after active shooter situations. At some point the media has passed along all of the facts that they know, then they just sit there for hours and talk about possibilities, maybes, and every ignorant passerby to give their opinion. That's all any of us know, so if someone is looking for answers, this probably isn't where you're going to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              I will give you my rundown tomorrow when I am sober. [/B]
              This is where I fucked up. I was drunk when I posted that. When I sobered up, I knew I shouldn't have said that. I don't know the whole story so whatever I have in my head is just speculation. I'm not going to talk about Forrest like that.

Sorry for not holding up my end.

Comment

This is where I fucked up. I was drunk when I posted that. When I sobered up, I knew I shouldn't have said that. I don't know the whole story so whatever I have in my head is just speculation. I'm not going to talk about Forrest like that.

Sorry for not holding up my end.
                I expect nothing of you, and you still disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  I expect nothing of you, and you still disappoint.
                  Quit asking me for pics of my hang down in pm's!

Comment

Quit asking me for pics of my hang down in pm's!
                    Send the pics and I'll quit asking.

Comment

My fault. I have an issue with unanswered mysteries, due to my own family history.

And like my own history, it's probably not going to make me feel any better or worse if I really knew the truth about that, or this.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Send the pics and I'll quit asking.
                        Save yourself the trouble and just got down to Oaklawn, the pics are everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          If they 'deserve' it then that means someone 'owes' it to them.. Tell me, who is it that owes that to them? Is it the responsibility of the family to go around to every possible friend of his, to fill them on on what all they know? Is it a member, or members here that owe it? If so, why? Who decided that they are the ones responsible for filling everyone in?
                          You make it read as though I said the family should get on social media and publicly announce what happened, which is not true. What I am saying is those who knew him the best are also his family. I believe the immediate family is obligated to share what happened to those who were very close to him. That's it.

Do you believe it's wrong for those to question what happened who weren't directly friends with him? Especially when events which took place before his death were shared publicly?

Comment

You make it read as though I said the family should get on social media and publicly announce what happened, which is not true. What I am saying is those who knew him the best are also his family. I believe the immediate family is obligated to share what happened to those who were very close to him. That's it.
                            I was posing questions to make you think about what you are asking. I think 'deserve' is too strong of a word, just like 'obligated' is. I'm sorry, but if one of my children, spouse, or brothers died in a similar scenario, and someone told me I 'owed' something to his friends, I would tell them to eat shit.

Now, if one of their friends contacted me and expressed condolences and asked what happened, I would very likely share that information. It's the 'entitlement' mentality I have a problem with. Nobody is entitled to a damn thing.

All that said, if someone here who was his friend wants to know more than they do, reach out to his family and ask. Or maybe try contacting the authorities.. But getting on here and demanding answers from a bunch of people who don't really know much, especially when throwing around words like 'obligated' and 'deserve', is just silly.

The implication is that there are people here that know what exactly went down, and are choosing to withhold that information. That isn't the reality. The reality is, nobody here knows for sure, other than what they read or heard. So why put out a bunch of speculation that, at best, changes nothing but at worst, besmirches the name of a former friend to many?

Comment

Do you believe it's wrong for those to question what happened who weren't directly friends with him? Especially when events which took place before his death were shared publicly?
                              1) there aint a goddamn sole on this board that knows anything more than you already do.

2) There are a lot of us that miss the big guy on a daily basis. We might not want to have to go through some of those emotions again. Rehashing what and when wont change the outcome in the least.

3) go fuck yourself, nobody owes anyone anything. Perhaps you can contemplate this: will anyone miss you if you were gone? What have you done or do that people will remember?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                                I was posing questions to make you think about what you are asking. I think 'deserve' is too strong of a word, just like 'obligated' is. I'm sorry, but if one of my children, spouse, or brothers died in a similar scenario, and someone told me I 'owed' something to his friends, I would tell them to eat shit.
                                Agreed with every point you've made. I figured with my saying closest/most tight-knit friends of his was enough understanding that the utmost respect would be shown to his immediate family and they would have no problem sharing. It just seems as though there have been those claiming to be extremely close to him still do not know what happened. I just think that's not considerate of those who had the same love for him as his family.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                3) go fuck yourself, nobody owes anyone anything.
                                You are absolutely correct, and instead of being a fiery turd you will see I am not asking for any sort of explanation nor am I saying I am owed anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X