Anyone had a HD painted? Cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone had a HD painted? Cost?

Don't ask! Well this wondered up in the garage and it may be short lived in my household, but the more I ride it the better I like it. My 96 Ultra I owned way longer than anything else I have ever owned. However my interest in riding has fallen off a lot over the last few years and I still have the shovel soooo.

Anyone had one painted lately? How much you think for just a gloss black? Like a 96 year old guys son rode up up yesterday and said his dad wanted to trade it for my baby Jeep I bought for the winter. 07, loaded the F out and only 6k miles. Paint job is really nice, not sure I am digging Benjamin Franklin in the mask on the nose. It was just too good of a deal to pass up. If I keep it though, it gets painted.

Whos your Daddy?

not cheap

Comment

I had my StreetBob painted....but it had a shit ton less area to paint, so it probably doesn't apply. But I want to say I had a gloss black put on that bike for around $800 or so.
      Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

2 grand or better easy. you can plastidip but i wouldnt want to dick with breaking the bike down. i say roll as is unless youre for sure going to keep.

Comment

Take all the stuff off yourself and take it up there to em. Be cheaper that way.
          WH

Comment

Yeah I had a guy quote me 1200 today if I stripped it and brought it to him. Been I long time, but I could probably shoot it myself. I just hate the prep work. There is a lot of plastic on this damn thing. It did come with a nose bra!
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I swear I don't have a problem. This guy was calling me all week at work wanting to swap me his 08 Raider 1900 with 5k miles and a 05 CFR450X that is minty and a fist full of dollars. I flat out told him I really would prefer cash but if it was in my favor I would deal with his bikes. So I rode up to Keller and rode this back while my mom brought back the dirt bike. He apparently gave away my dirt bike title to someone else he traded a Polaris for. I just put the other one in my name last week! Guy was 81 and the other guy was 90 something.

Anyone want a really good deal on one of these? I like them, don't get me wrong, but holy crap I don't need either.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

whats a really good deal on a 05 crf450x?

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  whats a really good deal on a 05 crf450x?
                  For you fools.

Raider

I did my research and that would be a smoking no haggle deal on either. I flat out told the guy I didn't need them. It fires right up, has aftermarket bars, chain, sprockets, tank, and exhaust. Prob more I just haven't looked at it yet.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Man! I just put a chunk of cash on a new truck or I would buy that raider.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      Man! I just put a chunk of cash on a new truck or I would buy that raider.
                      It is a redonkulous price.

I like to give back every now and again. I swapped the Jeep for the HD, then that for these two. I have my KFX700 back to poke around with the wife and my old shovel if I want to ride a bike. I seriously told the guy I would prob not have it long. I get tired of registering and insuring shit. I want to get to work on my big truck.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

the raiders are very fun to ride, lotta torque, i just couldnt see myself owning any other cruiser type bike other than a harley after having my street glide.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          the raiders are very fun to ride, lotta torque, i just couldnt see myself owning any other cruiser type bike other than a harley after having my street glide.
                          I almost stripped off the tour pack, put on a solo seat, and repainted the HD. I just couldn't justify the money wrapped up in it when I won't ride it that much. You know what though? Screw that hot ass exhaust by my legs. Other than that I love the old HD's. I remembered today why no one wears shorts one those damn things. I did have my leather jacket on though.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Orrrrr I do need a LQ9 or 4 for my G ride in the driveway. Complete with pedal and computer. I would swap that for the DB under 125k or so miles!

Just sayin!
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              Yeah I had a guy quote me 1200 today if I stripped it and brought it to him. Been I long time, but I could probably shoot it myself. I just hate the prep work. There is a lot of plastic on this damn thing. It did come with a nose bra!
                              That's a great price. You'll spend almost half of that on base and clear coat if you don't already have it that is. Most of that stuff has to be hung, so painting it can be a bitch. If still had my business I would charge you about $2000.00ish and tack on another five hundo to strip it down. Good luck...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X