No announcement yet.

Tony Romo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBS wants to replace Phil Simms with Tony Romo in the broadcast booth. Hot off the press.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      CBS wants to replace Phil Simms with Tony Romo in the broadcast booth. Hot off the press.
      i'd be alright with that! i'm not a fan of Phil Simms

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Left side, right side, to the CURB SIDE!

Comment

Fox is trying to grab Simms. Motherfucking why?!

Comment

When are they going to replace Joe Buck with literally anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Yeah....I can only imagine Tony and Troy working for same network and commentating /assigned to a Cowboys game.
              Last edited by Juiced4v; 03-30-2017, 08:20 AM.
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

We are ALL waiting...
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  i'd be alright with that! i'm not a fan of Phil Simms

Me neither.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Left side, right side, to the CURB SIDE!
                  Inside, outside!

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Fox is trying to grab Simms. Motherfucking why?!
                  Fox wants Romo first. Simms if Romo doesn't pan out. Fox wants Romo to replace Lynch. But if Romo does retire and take the CBS gig, they want Simms to replace Lynch on the b team.

I used to HATE Joe Buck with every bone in my body. . His commentating still bothers me at times. But his interviews on The Ticket, and subsequent drops while in the broadcast booth have changed my opinion. He's a really funny guy. I still dislike his very obvious bias, however.

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                  Yeah....I can only imagine Tony and Troy working for same network and commentating /assigned to a Cowboys game.
                  That wouldn't happen any time soon. They would not be on the same crew.

Comment

I f'n hate Phil Simms. Romo and Troy will never be buds. Watch Aikmans football life on NFL network and you will see why. Romo tossed INTs with a big smile on his face. Troy would've verbally annihilated him for that if they'd have been on the team together.

Romo is and always will be a fantasy football QB and that's it. If it weren't for FF and how it's changed the NFL, tony would've never played.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      Romo and Troy will never be buds.

Entirely false. They are friends, and talk often. That doesn't stop Aikman from doing his job, however, and sometimes that includes publicly criticizing Romo, Jerry, or anyone else.

If it weren't for FF and how it's changed the NFL, tony would've never played.
                      Matter of opinion, and a wrong one at that.

Comment

I f'n hate Phil Simms. Romo and Troy will never be buds. Watch Aikmans football life on NFL network and you will see why. Romo tossed INTs with a big smile on his face. Troy would've verbally annihilated him for that if they'd have been on the team together.

Romo is and always will be a fantasy football QB and that's it. If it weren't for FF and how it's changed the NFL, tony would've never played.
                        Thats crazy talk. I strongly believe you put Romo on any of the teams that have won the super bowl since he's been the starter and they would have still won. This year may be the exception...

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                          Thats crazy talk. I strongly believe you put Romo on any of the teams that have won the super bowl since he's been the starter and they would have still won. This year may be the exception...

Yea, this year would have been an exception. However he would have had great success in the Belicheck system.

I just don't get WTF Jerry is doing. No one is going to bite on a Romo trade. They all know he is going to be released on June 1st. IMO Jerry is just screwing over Romo's chances at this point.

As for Romo in the booth. I think he has a great personality and would be a nice replacement for Simms or Lynch. I'm not sure why anyone thinks he would be under consideration for replacing Buck. I don't like the guy (damn self centered drama queen) but he is one of the better announcers out there. Romo would be a commentator, not an announcer.

Comment

Romo is better than Simms, I will agree to that. He probably could've won the SB as a giant that year since LT and the run did all the work. And yes Peyton got an easy win thanks to D too.

Comment

Nonsense. As a diehard Cowboys fan, I'll always love Aikman, but he was essentially a smart bus driver with a good arm. He did a great job at playing his part on a team full of some of the best players in the game.

Tony is more of a playmaker and has consistently carried the team further than they could go without him. His mistakes always get highlighted and exaggerated because so much of the game rides on his shoulders. It's a damn shame he can't stay healthy.

Comment

Romo retires from football...
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X