Another what would DFWM do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another what would DFWM do?

I recently sold a set of factory aluminum wheels from a 2001 Super Duty to a guy that wanted to put them on his E350 Diesel van.

I let the guy look them over and he buys them and happily hauls them off. He then calls me 3 hours later and says they won't fit his van. I never told him they would, and I honestly had no idea one way or the other.

After 2 seconds of googling I found that the vans use the old 8x6.5 pattern but the trucks changed to 8x170mm.

So the wheels I sold him aren't wrong, he ignorantly bought the wrong wheels.

Should I give him his money back?
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Not unless you're just feeling charitable . You buy stuff online you better know what you NEED and what its really WORTH. I'm sure you sold at a fair price and he can flip em.
    Had the same issue. Guy bought some wheels, ended up not fitting his truck. Sorry dude, you flip em. Not to be a dick, but I aint got time to educate people on craigslist.

Comment

How much money? Couple hundred I give it back, $500 plus, he has to sell if he wants to recoup the money.

Comment

$250. He was nice guy and didn't try to low ball me like most Craig's list people do, but I think 250 was a fair price to begin with.

Half of me says give it back and earn some sorely needed Carma (lol) and the other half says that people should be educated. I told him before hand the wheels are as is no returns

Comment

If he was better than 90% of the nardtards you deal with on craigslist, I'd work with him. But, since this is the Internet... I'd send a dick pic and say suck it!

Comment

Agree to refund him. Tell him to meet you at Jack In The Box in 15 minutes. Take pics.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

If he looked like $250 meant more to him than it does to you, I'd take them back and relist them. If he didn't, it's his own fucking fault and he can get bent.

Comment

Well the van was low rent for sure but it also has the whole rape vibe going for it so I'm on the fence. He probably needs the money more than me but he might use it for raping

Comment

He rapes, but does he save?

Comment

If he didn't ask, then why should you refund them. My first response back would be, yeah I posted in the ad the wheels were from my truck.

It's up to you, the way I sell things I usually meet someone half way with the stuff, if he picked them up and was a decent human it's up to you. I'm sure you could sell them again but it sounds like you were just trying to free up some space and get a few bucks.

Your call, but I would say I've already spent the money on my kids or something to that effect

Comment

Originally posted by Fordblue625 View Post
                      He rapes, but does he save?
                      He saves more than he rapes!
                      sigpic

Comment

Another reason to always list in the ad, "all sales are final."

Comment

Yup, they belong to him. Not your problem, I had a guy from here (not a member) buy a set of mustang wheels, he comes over, pays for them and wants to install them on my drive way. He seems like a nice enough kid, so I let him, I even let him use my tools since he only has a trunk jack.
                          They fit and look great, he gets home and his wife throws a fit, he wants to come back and get his money back.
                          I lulz and hang up on him...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

For something like that all sales final IMO, he should have done his homework.
                            1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                            1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                            2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

he crapped the bed on this one. id tell his ass to post them back up on CL.

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X