Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US shoot-down of Syrian jet prompts Russian threat

US shoot-down of Syrian jet prompts Russian threat

I have to admit this Syria thing is friggin confusing to the point you have to wonder just what in the hell we are doing out there....

I understand tangling with the Russians if absolutely needed, but just what is the point\idea here?

Seems like a lot of risk for minimal\no gain.

On a side note I think that this may be the first air to air kill for the "Rhino".

And a Iranian drone this morning...

Comment

Personally I'd rather see only ISIS targets get bombed and have the coalition forces stay completely out of the Assad/rebel fighter affair. Obama already muffed up the Syrian civil war by "drawing a line in the sand" and then not backing it up. Time to throw his incompetent meddling onto the trash heap of history where it belongs.

Comment

I'm for fighting IS and other terrorists. But when there are other nations that we would like to call allies involved and the lines are blurt about who stands where on the numerous factions within the conflict I think we should stand back and let them sort that shit out themselves.

Places like where i am, IS and AQ stand out far away from the governments of these nations (Niger, Mali, Libya, Algeria, Tunisia). So identifying, targeting, locating and killing them is easy for our military to do. There are no blurred lines.

Syria is a complete failure. Pull out completely. Support actual nation state or no one at all.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I don't think we're actually trying to win Syria. I think we're just keeping it destabilized as an area denial strategy/trap for Russia.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
          X