• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      This one has red interior...
      That's a win. Only problem is now you can't tell with that dark-ass tint, lol.

Comment

Yup. Ceramic tint is the only way to go.

Thanks. It's my favorite car I've owned, but my V is a close 2nd.

Yes, this includes the Mclaren I owned for 2wks. Lol.
        Didn't care for the McLaren?

Comment

Oh. Ok. There's always faster cars out there. Do you drive that thing around town?
          I think for the money, the z06 is the best buy when it comes to performance vehicles. The GTR is a close 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Yeah those new Z06s are a seriously impressive machine. Comfortable interior, good ride and gobs of power. They ride much better than the GTR and are much quieter inside. Lots of mechanical noises in the GTR.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

If 138-140mph in the 1/4 is slow then what the heck are you driving?

At what speed do you need a chute to be legal? Will the rules be changed for factory cars that can go that fast in the 1/4?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Didn't care for the McLaren?

It was different...I barely got to enjoy it before it blew a head gasket. It was fixed by Mclaren with a new engine...which promptly did the exact same thing within 1000 miles. [emoji849]
              The car only has 7k miles on it. It's a pretty paper weight. Good thing I was able to return if and get a full refund.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                At what speed do you need a chute to be legal? Will the rules be changed for factory cars that can go that fast in the 1/4?

I have no idea. I don't go to the track and don't plan on it. I just like having the power and handling.
                A friend of mine has the same car with same mods and he has run 9.96 at 138mph on drag radials. I doubt I could get my car into the 9s bc I'm not as good a driver as he is, but the mph would be similar.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                  Yeah those new Z06s are a seriously impressive machine. Comfortable interior, good ride and gobs of power. They ride much better than the GTR and are much quieter inside. Lots of mechanical noises in the GTR.
                  Ill have a c6z in a year.
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                    Ill have a c6z in a year.

I had an 09 Z that I ended up selling when I moved back to Texas from Florida. I loved that car. It had full exhaust and intake and a blast to drive. I regret selling it.

Comment

I had an 09 Z that I ended up selling when I moved back to Texas from Florida. I loved that car. It had full exhaust and intake and a blast to drive. I regret selling it.

I need to do some research and find out if there are any years to avoid, or are all c6zs created equal. The only issue im aware of is heads.
                      They're getting mighty affordable. $30k will get you in an 80k mile model, and $38-40 will get one around 30k miles or less.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Man, i really like those too. Though I really love the new Sting Rays a lot, more than any other Vette besides the Admiral Blue* 1995 ZR1.

I'll probably just get a '16 White w/red interior Sting Ray and do the obligatory C/H/I with full exhaust. I'm paying off two cars within this year and just bought my wife a '17 Stang.

So maybe early next year, I'll treat my self.

*Cloisonne Blue
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          I need to do some research and find out if there are any years to avoid, or are all c6zs created equal. The only issue im aware of is heads.
                          They're getting mighty affordable. $30k will get you in an 80k mile model, and $38-40 will get one around 30k miles or less.
                          The only real problem area in the C6Z is the valves. Sodium filled I believe and I know lots of C6Z owners that have eaten a motor due to those valves. One friend picked up a 13k mile car (08 or 09) for only 12k because it lunched the motor. He swapped in another motor but did the heads/valves first and the thing is an animal. I believe he is in the process of putting a 2200R blower on it right now for this years half mile event in Dallas.
                          Last year he went to the half mile with me in Sulpher Springs and the car was HCI and exhaust and did 161 nearly every pass in the half. I think hes shooting for 175 this year which is what I am shooting for.
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I bought mine used with 8k miles and it just had the valve fix and full exhaust installed with tune. It was a fun car. I took it to the track once with street tires and ran 11.79 at 124mph. Not too bad considering I made one pass. [emoji106]

Comment

Good looking Z.

Personally I'd go C6 ZR1, but the stingray interior is way better.
                              As far as the C6Zs go, just get one with low miles (40k or less) and HCI already for barely over 30k.
                              Originally posted by Buzzo
                              Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                                Good looking Z.

Personally I'd go C6 ZR1, but the stingray interior is way better.
                                As far as the C6Zs go, just get one with low miles (40k or less) and HCI already for barely over 30k.
                                Thats the fucking plan
                                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                                X